Senior Product Marketing Lead - Experts
Shopify has redefined commerce, raising the standard for how businesses of all sizes operate, market and sell their products and services. With over 1,000,000 merchants in more than 175 different countries, powered by the most innovative platform on the market, we continue to grow rapidly while constantly looking for new ways to impact and disrupt markets.
Shopify’s Partner Program is a worldwide ecosystem of thousands of agencies, freelancers, and other third-party service providers who are dedicated to helping businesses succeed on Shopify with skills ranging from development and design, to marketing and product sourcing.
We are looking for a Product Marketing Leader for our Experts team who can help us develop powerful narratives that bring Shopify’s vision to life, and own its marketing and growth. You have a passion for marketing, are data-driven, can create and execute a global vision for growth, and can strategically position new and existing products.
The opportunity to shape how commerce works all over the world is in our hands. We have a huge playground to work with, and we’ve already proven that we can move faster than anyone else. But right now we’re only part of the way there. To continue building the future of commerce, we need your help.
You'll need to have:
- Extensive experience in a marketing, product marketing, or product management role
- A strong understanding of marketing B2B and B2B2C SaaS products
- Experience building, growing, and leading a team
- The ability to quickly synthesize our customer needs and product capabilities into easy-to-understand messages and value propositions for revenue-driving Go to Market strategies
- Experience working with with Channel Leads, Product Managers and UX teams to develop Go to Market content plans and tactics
- Experience engaging, contributing, and supporting a marketing team that executes to deliver marketing programs
- Experience with a growth company or a growth business within a non-growth company
- Experience using data/analytics to measure the impact of your work in the context of the total business strategy
- The ability to thrive in chaos and think quickly on your feet
- Excellent communication and organizational skills with great attention to detail
- A resourceful attitude and negotiation skills - you'll be working with a lot of different teams across Shopify and external partners
It would be great if you also had:
- A “get shit done” attitude
- Experience marketing to a highly technical audience
- Experience working in a startup, e-commerce or the tech industry - it's important to understand our platform and the products we deliver
- Experience working as a CRM or Product Marketing manager with full life cycle growth background
- Experience using Shopify or any ‘like’ eCommerce platforms is a plus
- Digital marketing expertise especially in core marketing channels (SEO, email, paid media, social, etc.)
- Experience working with a multi-sided marketplace product
You'll get to do things like:
- Lead a team of product marketers, guiding their roadmaps, and levelling up their craft. You will also be working cross-functionally with many different teams and stakeholders to prioritize projects and move initiatives forward.
- Help lead and define a global strategy for driving platform-wide growth for our service provider products and marketplace. You’re a strategist at heart but aren’t afraid to roll up your sleeves and execute marketing campaigns.
- With the Product team, develop and launch Partner facing products by defining the target segments, messages and channels
- Work across teams including Product Management, Marketing, Operations, Support and Sales to drive growth success
- Drive cross-functional alignment through product development and creatively execute the go to market process, tracking success metrics accordingly
- Own reporting and analysis of product marketing metrics, drive for results with the use of data
- Develop product positioning that differentiates products and features by understanding merchant and partner needs, product roadmap, market trends, and competitive forces
We know that applying to a new role takes a lot of work and we truly value your time. Nick is looking forward to reading your application. Make sure to tell us why you think this is the right role for you!
This posting will close Tuesday October 20th at 5 pm EST.
At Shopify, we are committed to building and fostering an environment where our employees feel included, valued, and heard. Our belief is that a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion enables us to truly make commerce better for everyone. We strongly encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities and/or people with intersectional identities.
Your application has been successfully submitted.