AWS Big Data Engineering
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Applied Intelligence, the people who love using data to tell a story. We’re also the world’s largest team of data scientists, data engineers, and experts in machine learning and AI. A great day for us? Solving big problems using the latest tech, serious brain power, and deep knowledge of just about every industry. We believe a mix of data, analytics, automation, and responsible AI can do almost anything—spark digital metamorphoses, widen the range of what humans can do, and breathe life into smart products and services. Want to join our crew of sharp analytical minds? Visit us here to find out more about Applied Intelligence.
A Big Data consulting pro—someone who thrives in a team setting where you can use your creative and analytical prowess to obliterate problems. You’re passionate about digital technology, and you take pride in making a tangible difference. You have communication and people skills in spades, along with strong leadership chops. Complex issues don’t faze you thanks to your razor-sharp critical thinking skills. Working in an information systems environment makes you more than happy.
Data and Analytics professionals define strategies, develop and deliver solutions that enable the collection, processing and management of information from one or more sources, and the subsequent delivery of information to audiences in support of key business processes.
Big Data professionals use Big Data methodologies, solutions and tools to help organizations optimize their business performance by managing, sorting and filtering volumes of data as well as extracting meaningful value from these large volumes of data.
A professional at this position level within Accenture has the following responsibilities:
- Design and build robust data pipelines using scalable tools and techniques (yes, we’re talking big data) to produce high quality data structures
- Implement quicker data processing methods and integrate complex business logic compatible with daily or real-time/streaming frameworks
Increase automation and scaling of complex data sets based on the customer’s analytic use case, such as structured data delivery for business analysis, daily extraction of mission enabling data for data mining/exploration, and transforming data for applied intelligence to power impactful data visualizations
READ MORE OF THE JOB DESCRIPTION
Here’s What You Need:
- Minimum 3 years of designing, building and operationalizing large scale enterprise data solutions and applications using AWS data and analytics services in combination with custom solutions - Spark, Azure Data Lake, HDInsights, SQL DW, DocumentDB, Search, Elastic Pool etc.
- Minimum 3 years of hands-on experience analyzing, re-architecting and re-platforming on-premise data warehouses to data platforms on AWS.
- Minimum 3 years of designing and building production data pipelines from ingestion to consumption within a hybrid big data architecture, using Java, Python, Scala etc.
- High emphasis on consulting/client facing experience, this is a must have.
Bonus Points if:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Technical Science or 3+ years of technical architecture and build experience with large scale solutions.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in architecting large-scale data solutions, performing architectural assessments, crafting architectural options and analysis, finalizing preferred solution alternative working with IT and Business stakeholders.
- 3 years of hands-on experience architecting and designing data lakes on AWS cloud serving analytics and BI application integrations.
- 3 years of experience in designing and optimizing data models on AWS
- Minimum 3 years of architecting and operating large production Hadoop/NoSQL clusters on premise or using Cloud services.
- Minimum 3 years architecting and implementing metadata management on AWS
- Architecting and implementing data governance and security for data platforms on AWS.
- Designing operations architecture and conducting performance engineering for large scale data lakes a production environment.
- Craft and lead client design workshops and provide tradeoffs and recommendations towards building a solution.
We are a global collective of innovators applying the New every day to improve the way the world works and lives. Help us show the world what’s possible as you partner with clients to unlock hidden value and deliver innovative solutions. Empowered with innovative tools, continuous learning and a global community of diverse talent and perspectives, we drive success in a new business architecture that disrupts conventional practices. Our expertise spans 40+ industries across 120+ countries and impacts millions of lives every day. We turn ideas into reality.
To learn more about Accenture, and how you will be challenged and inspired from Day 1, please visit our website at https://accntu.re/2Hcjdtn
It is currently our objective to assign our people to work near where they live. However, given the nature of our business and our need to serve our clients our employees must be available to travel when needed.
Accenture does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other basis covered by local law. Accenture is committed to providing employment opportunities to current or former members of the armed forces.
We are committed to employment equity. We encourage all people, including women, visible minorities, persons with disabilities and persons of aboriginal descent to apply.
Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations. Combining unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries and all business functions — underpinned by the world’s largest delivery network — Accenture works at the intersection of business and technology to help clients improve their performance and create sustainable value for their stakeholders. With 469,000 people serving clients in more than 120 countries, Accenture drives innovation to improve the way the world works and lives. Visit us at www.accenture.com.
Alberta - Calgary,British Columbia - Vancouver,Ontario - Ottawa,Ontario - Toronto
Your application has been successfully submitted.