Sr. Staff Software Engineer, Product
United States Remote
Slack is looking for a Sr. Staff Software Engineer to help lead a new initiative within product engineering.
This person should be a product-driven and technically-strong engineering leader and Individual Contributor who can initially help design, architect, and code. Cross-functional collaboration with Product Managers and Designers will be essential to bringing this product to life.
What you will be doing
- Design, architect, and code a new initiative in product engineering
- Lead technical strategy and efforts for broad or complex requirements with insightful and forward-looking approaches that have an impact on an entire engineering function and solve large open-ended problems
- Set the vision for strategic development of methods, techniques, and evaluation criteria
- Direct and guide the efforts of this new initiative through delegation to senior technical leaders
- Proactively identify and remedy communication gaps and issues to reach alignments for complex issues across diverse audiences and influence organizational goals and strategy
- Become a trusted coach and mentor, actively building new leaders at Slack through continuous feedback
What you should have
- 12+ years of engineering experience
- Prior experience building realtime collaborative platforms and products with a product-first engineering focus
- Experience with asynchronous AV
- Experience with ambient and ad hoc audio
- Frontend engineering knowledge and experience (React, etc)
- Backend engineering knowledge and experience
- Experience owning technical architecture discussions and leading technical decisions for an engineering organization
- Ability to write understandable, testable code with an eye towards maintainability
- Coding skills with functional or imperative programming languages -- e.g., PHP, Python, Ruby, Go, C, or Java
- Excellent collaboration and communication skills
- Startup mentality and experience
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field, or equivalent training, fellowship, or work experience
- Mobile experience is a plus
- Prior experience as a Technical Lead is a plus
Slack is registered as an employer in many, but not all, states. If you are not located in or able to work from a state where Slack is registered, you will not be eligible for employment. Visa sponsorship may not be available in certain remote locations. Visa sponsorship is not available for candidates living outside the country of this position.
Slack has transformed business communication. It’s the leading channel-based messaging platform, used by millions to align their teams, unify their systems, and drive their businesses forward. Only Slack offers a secure, enterprise-grade environment that can scale with the largest companies in the world. It is a new layer of the business technology stack where people can work together more effectively, connect all their other software tools and services, and find the information they need to do their best work. Slack is where work happens.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack’s values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a pleasant and supportive place to work.
Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.
Your application has been successfully submitted.