Senior Java Software Developer - Remote US or Canada
This job is no longer accepting applications.
No Visa Sponsorship is available for this position.
Applicants are required to read, write, and speak the following languages: English
Senior Java Software Developer
LOCATION: UNITED STATES OR CANADA (REMOTE)
NOTE: We are unable to provide visa sponsorship for this role at this time. No candidates requiring visa sponsorship will be considered.
Are you interested in building a very large scale, globally distributed, multi-tenant SaaS platform on top of Oracle Cloud Infrastructure and Platform services?
Oracle’s HGBU Hotel Distribution Platform team builds from the ground up a platform for managing global supply and demand for hotel rooms. The platform will operate at a large scale in a broadly distributed multi-tenant cloud environment. Our customers will use it to manage their hotel room inventory, pricing, availability requests, and bookings on all distribution channels. Our mission is to provide the industry with a platform that can scale and have near-zero downtime.
As a Senior Java Software Developer, you’ll define API, design, and develop java application modules for databases, applications, tools, etc
- Deployment of Java and Node.js applications using CI/CD pipeline
- Scalability, Reliability, Zero downtime, and Operational Efficiency of the developed modules
- Build and maintain automation frameworks and tools to ensure high speed & low cost provisioning, maximum uptime, and predictability while preventing outages and service interruptions or degradations
- Lead and mentor team members.
- Partner with supporting development teams for continuous improvement of our SaaS
- 5+ years’ experience in developing large scale, highly available distributed systems
- Track record in problem-solving, troubleshooting, and performance tuning within production environments
- Strong Experience on Java Enterprise (JEE) Programming and RDBMS systems
- Expertise in Springboot or Helidon frameworks
- Experience in developing REST services
- Strong knowledge of data structures, algorithms, operating systems, and distributed systems fundamentals.
- Strong knowledge of RDBMS, Oracle databases, NoSQL systems, storage, and distributed persistence technologies
- Experience in developing software on UNIX/LINUX
- Experience in JVM related activities like heap dump analysis, garbage collection, caching, etc
- Strong communication and personal skills: work well with members of other functional groups in a project team; demonstrate a strong sense of project ownership
- Experience with Agile and DevOps methodologies
At Oracle, we don’t just value differences—we celebrate them. We’re committed to creating a workplace where all kinds of people work together. We believe innovation starts with diversity and inclusion.
Detailed Description and Job Requirements
Design, develop, troubleshoot and debug software programs for databases, applications, tools, networks etc.
As a member of the software engineering division, you will assist in defining and developing software for tasks associated with the developing, debugging or designing of software applications or operating systems. Provide technical leadership to other software developers. Specify, design and implement modest changes to existing software architecture to meet changing needs.
Duties and tasks are varied and complex needing independent judgment. Fully competent in own area of expertise. May have project lead role and or supervise lower level personnel. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 4 years of software engineering or related experience.
Oracle is an Affirmative Action-Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veterans status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Job: Product Development
Location: United States
Other Locations: CA-Canada
Job Type: Regular Employee Hire
Your application has been successfully submitted.