Vancouver, BC, Canada Remote
Looking for world-class product managers for the Oracle User Experience platform team.
Every day, enterprises around the world focus on how to help their employees work simpler and smarter. And while enterprises are as diverse as the people in them, ranging from global manufacturing concerns, to healthcare companies taking care of the elderly, to renowned universities, and even one of
Helping everyone work simpler and smarter means letting enterprises focus on what makes each of them special. They focus on what they’re best at, and in turn, let Oracle do the rest. The scope of our opportunity is enormous.
At Oracle, we’re committed to creating a state-of-the-art consumer-grade enterprise experience that connects, empowers and delights our users, and is the factor that distinguishes our software from the competition.
We’re absolutely serious. And we can’t do it without your help.
We need thoughtful, talented, multi-faceted product managers who love empowering technology users with thoughtfully conceived technology that resonates with end users because it was designed with a deep and nuanced understanding of the challenges they face every day.
If you’d like a quick preview of the work we’re doing here at Oracle check out: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3TW2y35asTM
Here’s the kind of person we’re looking for…
You thrive on working well with others. You make the people around you better. You love to collaborate with designers, user researchers, engineers, product managers, executives, and inspire them to do their best. You are a font of positivity and people get energy from their encounters with you.
You love every step of the product journey. From talking to customers and getting a nuanced understanding of their challenges, to surveying the business context and competitive landscape of our efforts, to partnering closely with designers, user researchers, and engineers to come up with elegant solutions and approaches that will resonate with customers and make them feel heard and understood.
You get excited diving into the details. Whether it’s making sure that the product works across the globe, or is not just accessible but inclusive, or whether it’s worrying about error conditions, or understanding a set of APIs well enough to understand what’s possible, you pride yourself on not just working through the details, but on understanding just how deep you need to go in order to craft a solution that works in the real world.
You get stuff done. You feel great when you’re delivering something substantive and meaningful to actual customers.
You’re never satisfied. You adore incremental progress as you know it’s how stuff gets done. But you always keep your eye on the long-term goal. You love to seamlessly move between 30,000 feet and 3mm with ease.
You “kill your darlings.” As excited as you are about the work you’ve been a part of, you’re even more excited to move on to a different direction, if it’s not resonating with customers, partners, or developers.
You don’t already know everything and you love to learn. You’re inspired by helping users solve their problems. You love finding out you’re wrong. You consume large amounts of quantitative and qualitative data to constantly refine your assumptions.
And finally, you want to be part of creating dramatic and impactful change at a company that is committed to becoming a light unto others when it comes to user experience.
What will you do as a Product Manager at Oracle?
- You will dive deep into our user experience platform aspirations and current progress to understand how all the various pieces need to come together to deliver a state-of-the-art user experience for Oracle’s customers. These include but are not limited to: user interface components, user interface meta-components, user interface runtime, app framework, search, NLP, bots platform, shell (navigation and notifications), and more.
- You will spend time understanding our many products in order to learn what they do and how they need to leverage and contribute to our overall user experience platform.
- You will collaborate closely with your partners in design and user research to understand the customers who use it, empathize with them, and imagine creative ways we can make their work lives dramatically better.
- You will partner closely with your fellow product managers to innovate by articulating customer needs and requirements, articulating specific scenarios and use-cases, and envisioning solutions that will delight our customers.
- You will write detailed specifications and work closely with your partners in engineering to turn the shared vision into reality.
- You will learn, grow, and be challenged.
- And sometimes, you will hit bumps in the road. But then you’ll remember, that you’re here to be a founding member of Oracle’s evolving culture and help turn Oracle into the place you love to work and have one of the best professional experiences of your life.
And if you really want, we’ll teach you how to sail.
Detailed Description and Job Requirements
Work as part of a team that acts as the central resource and driving force for the design, process, manufacturing, test, quality and marketing of product(s) as they move from conception to distribution. Organize interdepartmental activities ensuring completion of the project/product on schedule and within budget.
As a member of the product development division, you will define product specifications and or strategy. Gather and analyze information to define product specifications and review design specifications. Communicate product strategy and functionality. Initiate and foster relationships with other groups. Review product documentation and collateral. Ensure successful product releases based on corporate priorities.
Duties and tasks are varied and complex, needing independent judgment. Fully competent in own area of expertise. May have project lead role and or supervise lower level personnel. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 4 years of software engineering or related experience.
Job: Product Development
Other Locations: CA-CA,Canada-Toronto, CA-CA,Canada-Vancouver
Job Type: Regular Employee Hire
Your application has been successfully submitted.