Backend Java Software Developer (Remote - Canada or US)
No Visa Sponsorship is available for this position.
Applicants are required to read, write, and speak the following languages: English
Backend Java Software Developer
LOCATION: UNITED STATES OR CANADA (REMOTE)
NOTE: We are unable to provide visa sponsorship for this role at this time. No candidates requiring visa sponsorship will be considered.
Are you interested in building a very large scale, globally distributed, multi-tenant SaaS platform on top of Oracle Cloud Infrastructure and Platform services?
Oracle’s Hospitality Global Business Unit’s Hotel Distribution Platform team builds from the ground up a platform for managing global supply and demand for hotel rooms. The platform will operate at a large scale in a broadly distributed multi-tenant cloud environment. Our customers will use it to manage their hotel room inventory, pricing, availability requests, and bookings on all distribution channels. Our mission is to provide the industry with a platform that can scale and have near-zero downtime.
As a Java Backend Software Developer, you’ll develop application modules with REST interface for databases, applications, tools, etc.
- Develop, troubleshoot and debug Java programs with REST interface for databases, applications, tools, etc.
- Deployment of Java applications on Oracle Kubernetes Platform
- Scalability, Reliability, Zero downtime and Operational Efficiency of the developed Java application components
- Development of Unit test and test automation
- Expertise in developing REST services
- Experience in Docker and Kubernetes
- Strong knowledge of data structures, algorithms, operating systems, and distributed systems fundamentals
- A clear understanding of RDBMS, Oracle databases, NoSQL systems, storage, and distributed persistence technologies
- Experience in developing software on UNIX/LINUX
- Experience in JVM related activities like heap dump analysis, garbage collection, caching, etc
- Communication and personal skills: work well with members of other functional groups in a project team; demonstrate a strong sense of project ownership
- Experience with Agile and DevOps methodologies
At Oracle, we don’t just value differences—we celebrate them. We’re committed to creating a workplace where all kinds of people work together. We believe innovation starts with diversity and inclusion.
Detailed Description and Job Requirements
Design, develop, troubleshoot and debug software programs for databases, applications, tools, networks etc.
As a member of the software engineering division, you will apply basic to intermediate knowledge of software architecture to perform software development tasks associated with developing, debugging or designing software applications or operating systems according to provided design specifications. Build enhancements within an existing software architecture and occasionally suggest improvements to the architecture.
Duties and tasks are standard with some variation; displays understanding of roles, processes and procedures. Performs moderately complex problem solving with assistance and guidance in understanding and applying company policies and processes. BS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 1 year of software engineering or related experience.
Oracle is an Affirmative Action-Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veterans status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Job: Product Development
Location: United States
Other Locations: Canada
Job Type: Regular Employee Hire
Your application has been successfully submitted.