Instagram Product Manager, Equity & Inclusion Remote, US Western, Mountain & Central Regions
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Ensuring that our platform is a positive force for the communities on Instagram is one of our most important responsibilities over the next few years. Our vision is to create an Instagram where everyone feels safe, supported, and free to express themselves. To that end, we are building a full-time product team focused on Equity & Inclusion with the mission of creating the most equitable experience for our global communities on Instagram. While we’ve had multiple efforts in this area across both Instagram and Facebook, we’re forming this new dedicated team within Instagram in order to help centralize and accelerate our progress in this critical space. The recent racial justice movement is a moment of real significance for our company and we want to ensure we prevent any bias in our systems, products and policies as it runs counter to providing a platform for everyone to express themselves. The Instagram Equity & Inclusion PM will own projects that help make Instagram an equitable product for everyone. This PM will help develop the strategy, drive execution and collaboration across Instagram and Facebook teams to develop better frameworks, tools and measurement systems to support equity in our product. Additionally, they’ll drive collaboration and programs across Instagram products to leverage those methodologies. And finally, they’ll launch dedicated features that help support equity. The ideal candidate for this role is someone who’s well versed in building strategies and driving execution across product experience and technical systems, is comfortable collaborating across organizations and has excellent communication skills. Additionally, we’re looking for individuals who are truly passionate and have demonstrated success in developing and implementing Diversity & Inclusion strategies in product.
- Lead the ideation, technical development, and launch of innovative products
- Establish shared vision across the company by building consensus on priorities leading to product execution
- Drive product development with a team of world-class engineers and designers
- Integrate usability studies, research and market analysis into product requirements to enhance user satisfaction
- Define and analyze metrics that inform the success of products
- Understand Facebook’s strategic and competitive position and deliver products that are recognized as best in industry
- Maximize efficiency in a constantly evolving environment where the process is fluid and creative solutions are the norm
- 5+ years product management or product design experience
- Organizational and analytical experience
- 5+ years of experience in technical architecture of web applications and/or media products
- 5+ years experience designing user interfaces
- Experience developing social products, technologies and platforms
- Demonstrated success developing and implementing D&I strategies
- Experience working with underrepresented communities, in product, research or volunteering capacity
- Experience as a D&I subject matter expert within a dynamic organization
- Experience working in product areas that combine user experience powered by AI systems
- BA or BS
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Bringing you closer to the people and things you love. Red heart