Senior Product Manager - Technical, Amazon Payment Experience
Vancouver, BC, Canada
Amazon’s Payment Acceptance and Experience organization is seeking a product leader, who is passionate about building consumer products that deliver value to our customers. In this role, you will be defining Amazon-wide consumer payment experiences in partnership with UX Designers, Data Scientists and Software Engineers. Payments is a deep and complex area at Amazon that will require you to dive deep on how worldwide customers prefer to pay for goods and services and translating those requirements to our CX and Platform teams to develop systems that scale to billions of customers.
You will be responsible for designing, managing and optimizing the foundation which enables every customer to purchase on Amazon. Specifically your product delivers the payment authentication experience globally to build trust with Amazon customers. You will own product vision and strategy to invent new capabilities for customers to easily and accurately identify who they are and approve the use payment methods available in the Amazon Wallet. Additionally, you will own developing new solutions to enable paying experiences for new businesses and channels across web, mobile, and new commerce channels.
· 5+ years of product management experience with high-quality and large-scale services including customer analysis, market segmentation, KPI management, operational management and roadmap development
· Bachelor’s degree in computer science or technical field of study
· Strong product management background with finance, technical management, and end customer research experience
· Great verbal and written communication skills and ability to work effectively on shared projects with UX designers, product managers, and other developers
· Experience with feature delivery and tradeoffs of a product
· Experience with conducting data analysis to drive product decisions
· MBA or masters in computer science preferred
· Strong understanding of payments domain and payments industry
· Good understanding of platform service models, including Platform as a Service
· Experience with Web Services, Front End technology stacks and Service Oriented Architectures
· Ability to lead, drive consensus and deliver in a matrix organization with multiple stakeholders
· Knowledge of technical capabilities across the payments system globally including authentication, fraud, payment processing, and industry technology standards
· Proficient with web services, online technologies, virtualization, developer tools, and user interface design
Amazon is an equal opportunity employer
Your application has been successfully submitted.