Infrastructure Modernization Specialist, Customer Engineering, Google Cloud
This job is no longer accepting applications.
For immediate consideration, please send a text (ASCII), HTML, PDF or DOC version of your resume in English to email@example.com.
Important: The subject field of your email must include Opening: Infrastructure Modernization Specialist, Customer Engineering, Google Cloud - Hong Kong.
Due to the current health crisis related to COVID-19 and the escalating visa/travel restrictions in place, we're currently unable to extend offers to anyone who cannot work from Hong Kong due to lockdown visa/travel restrictions, or other restrictive measures until further notice. Consequently, we will be prioritizing candidates who can start in this location by set date as expected. We're keeping the situation under review and would adjust our position should the restrictive measures be removed later on.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience planning infrastructure modernization as a technical consultant, technical pre-sales engineer, or enterprise architect.
- Experience in one of the following: cloud migration, datacenter migration, disaster recovery, virtualization, application/servers assessment and discovery.
- Experience leading IT strategy discussion and design cloud adoption plans.
- Master's degree in Computer Science or other technical field.
- Experience as an IT infrastructure consultant or enterprise architect working in datacenter investment strategies and proposals.
- Experience in networking (i.e., Linux, software-defined networking, network virtualization, open protocols, application acceleration and load balancing, DNS, virtual private networks) and their application to PaaS and IaaS technologies.
- Experience with deployment methodologies and technologies (e.g., CI/CD, Chef, Puppet, Ansible).
- Experience with Windows, Linux system administration, and/or Enterprise applications.
- Knowledge for VMware technology stack (e.g., vSphere, vCenter, ESXi, vSAN etc.) or Microsoft technology stack (e.g., Active Directory, Windows Server, etc.).
About the job
The Google Cloud Platform team helps customers transform and evolve their business through the use of Google’s global network, web-scale data centers and software infrastructure. As part of an entrepreneurial team in this rapidly growing business, you will help shape the future of businesses of all sizes use technology to connect with customers, employees and partners.
As an Infrastructure Modernization Specialist in Google Cloud Customer Engineering team, you will work with the Sales team to introduce Google Cloud to our customers. You will help prospective and existing customers and partners understand the power of Google Cloud, develop creative cloud solutions and architectures to solve their business challenges, and problem-solve any potential technical roadblocks.
You will also be part of a diverse team of fellow Googlers working in an environment of respect and inclusion where we promote equal opportunities to succeed.
Google Cloud helps millions of employees and organizations empower their employees, serve their customers, and build what’s next for their business — all with technology built in the cloud. Our products are engineered for security, reliability and scalability, running the full stack from infrastructure to applications to devices and hardware. And our teams are dedicated to helping our customers & developers see the benefits of our technology come to life.
- Challenge and inspire customers and peers to solve difficult problems with ambitious and novel solutions, leveraging a sophisticated set of technical competences.
- Manage the Go-to-Market strategy from technical perspective. Craft the strategy to transform the customers, identify key customer technical objections, and develop a strategy to resolve technical blockers.
- Work hands-on with customers to demonstrate and prototype Google Cloud product integrations in customer/partner environments. Help the Account team to close agreements from technical perspective.
- Recommend migration strategies, enterprise architectures, migration tools, and cloud infrastructure required to successfully implement a complete solution using best practices on Google Cloud. Travel to customer sites, conferences, and other related events as required.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Our mission is to organize the world’s information and make it universally accessible and useful