Customer Engineer, Data Warehousing
For immediate consideration, please send a text (ASCII), HTML, PDF or DOC version of your resume in English to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Important: The subject field of your email must include Data Warehousing Solution Specialist .
Due to the current health crisis related to COVID-19 and the escalating visa/travel restrictions in place, we're currently unable to extend offers to anyone who cannot work from Hong Kong due to lockdown visa/travel restrictions, or other restrictive measures until further notice. Consequently, we will be prioritizing candidates who can start in this location by set date as expected. We're keeping the situation under review and would adjust our position should the restrictive measures be removed later on.
- 10 years of experience in consultative technical sales or deployment of projects, such as envisioning, design, architecture, implementation, or support
- 8 years of development or DBA experience in Relational Database Management Systems.
- 5 years of experience in implementation and performance tuning MPP databases such as Teradata, Vertica, Netezza, and Greenplum.
- Experience with non-relational platforms and tools for large-scale data processing (e.g. Hadoop, HBase).
- Experience with Cloud data warehouse solutions such as Snowflake, Redshift, and SQL Data Warehouse.
- Experience in leading large-scale full-cycle MPP enterprise data warehousing projects.
- Experience in data warehousing design, tuning and ETL/ELT process development.
- Excellent SQL and hands-on scripting skills.
About the job
When leading companies choose Google Cloud it's a huge win for spreading the power of cloud computing globally. Once educational institutions, government agencies, and other businesses sign on to use Google Cloud products, you come in to facilitate making their work more productive, mobile, and collaborative. You assist fellow sales Googlers by problem-solving key technical issues for our customers. You liaise with the product marketing management and engineering teams to stay on top of industry trends and devise enhancements to Google Cloud products.
As a Customer Engineer for Data Warehousing, you'll work with technical Sales teams as an Analytics subject matter expert to differentiate Google Cloud to our customers. You will help prospective customers and partners understand the power of Google Cloud, explaining technical features, helping customers design architectures, and problem-solving.
Google Cloud helps millions of employees and organizations empower their employees, serve their customers, and build what’s next for their business — all with technology built in the cloud. Our products are engineered for security, reliability and scalability, running the full stack from infrastructure to applications to devices and hardware. And our teams are dedicated to helping our customers & developers see the benefits of our technology come to life.
- Provide technical expertise on Google Cloud Platforms’ suite of Big Data technologies.
- Be a trusted technical advisor to customers and solve data challenges.
- Create and deliver best practices recommendations, tutorials, blog articles, reference code, and technical presentations, adapting to different levels of business and technical stakeholders.
- Identify and build migration accelerators to aid customers in modernizing their existing data warehouse with ease.
Your application has been successfully submitted.