Senior Multiplayer Programmer, Games and Entertainment, Stadia
This job is no longer accepting applications.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 7 years of software development experience with one or more general purpose programming languages such as C++ and C# or 5 years with an advanced degree.
- Experience with modern engine netcode architecture.
- Experience debugging and optimizing memory, bandwidth, and performance at both a high and low level.
- Experience contributing to AAA titles.
- Knowledge of technical considerations and best practices for Games As A Service.
- Knowledge of cloud based development and streaming considerations.
- Ability to contribute to tooling and pipelines utilized by the engine.
- Ability to effectively communicate technical concepts with other members of the development team.
- Ability to model inclusive behavior and hold others accountable.
About the job
Google's software engineers develop the next-generation technologies that change how billions of users connect, explore, and interact with information and one another. Our products need to handle information at massive scale, and extend well beyond web search. We're looking for engineers who bring fresh ideas from all areas, including information retrieval, distributed computing, large-scale system design, networking and data storage, security, artificial intelligence, natural language processing, UI design and mobile; the list goes on and is growing every day. As a software engineer, you will work on a specific project critical to Google’s needs with opportunities to switch teams and projects as you and our fast-paced business grow and evolve. We need our engineers to be versatile, display leadership qualities and be enthusiastic to take on new problems across the full-stack as we continue to push technology forward.
With your technical expertise you will manage project priorities, deadlines, and deliverables. You will design, develop, test, deploy, maintain, and enhance software solutions.
As a Multiplayer Programmer, you will be responsible for the implementation of core networking and multiplayer systems and new features needed for the production of AAA titles on the Stadia platform. You will give technical oversight to gameplay programmers and ensure that their work aligns with the technical constraints of the production. You will work across the fundamental systems involved in providing the multiplayer experience of games, from networking libraries to the replication framework and necessary profiling monitoring and introspection tools necessary to insure quality of the netcode.
Stadia is Google’s premier Video Game platform, designed for everyone. It provides players new ways to discover, engage, and connect with content across multiple devices with no download required. Stadia Games & Entertainment focuses on creating service games based on Stadia’s unique features. Innovation, Quality and Building Lasting Communities are the pillars of our Studio(s).
- Build new network systems and features.
- Implement network profiling, monitoring and debug tooling to help develop and improve the replication framework.
- Ensure systems take full advantage of the unique features of the Stadia platform.
- Build sustainable, performant, rigorously tested and maintainable technologies and code.
- Bring experience, perspective, and preferences that are not already represented on the team to effectively collaborate with internal and external stakeholders.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Our mission is to organize the world’s information and make it universally accessible and useful