Sr. Manager, Global Executive Talent Acquisition
This job is no longer accepting applications.
There has never been a better time to be in Talent Acquisition at Microsoft. This Global Executive Talent Acquisition leader role is a unique opportunity to lead an exceptional and dedicated team that is responsible for hiring the top engineering leadership talent for today and ensuring a pipeline of innovative talent for the future. This team plays an influential part in supporting the ongoing transformation of Microsoft and our mission to find and compete for talent that can change the world.
We are looking for an experienced people leader with a deep and analytical understanding of the talent implications of business and product strategy to ensure that our talent acquisition philosophies deliver the highest impact to the business.
This hands-on executive recruiting expert and leader will inform, influence, and consult with our business leaders on their searches while also directly manage a team of talent acquisition professionals to: optimize for resourcing for projects and search work, develop a unique and robust blueprint on industry insights/market mapping, and candidate generation/development strategies.
This is a challenging and stimulating role that partners closely with a broad spectrum of internal stakeholders across HR, Global Talent Acquisition, and executive leadership at Microsoft. This leader will be responsible for the following:
- People Management
- Managers deliver success through empowerment and accountability by modeling, coaching, and caring.
- Model - Live our culture; Embody our values; Practice our leadership principles.
- Coach - Define team objectives and outcomes; Enable success across boundaries; Help the team adapt and learn.
- Care - Attract and retain great people; Know each individual’s capabilities and aspirations; Invest in the growth of others.
- Stakeholder/Client Engagement
- Uses data and metrics, and an understanding of the long-term business requirements, to advise a division, set of countries, or subsidiary on the implications of talent gaps. Leads the development of staffing processes and strategies.
- Applies deep knowledge of factors relevant to the business and hiring managers' needs (e.g., time to hire, location, budget) and uses this knowledge to guide the development of end-to-end hiring plans aligned to the needs of the business group, division, region, or subsidiary.
- Consults a division, region, or subsidiary on critical talent needs and opportunities. Presents and frames information in a way that speaks to the business needs and influences leaders to embrace differentiated and alternative types of talent (e.g., compete, diverse, nontraditional) that may not be typically considered.
- Data Analysis & Hiring Plans
- Analyzes relevant data and trends to provide insight and set plans to meet hiring goals. Connects data to cross-organization goals and leads conversations across groups to address broad hiring issues. Leads the implementation of a hiring plan for complex organizations, areas, or talent pools that addresses both business demand and availability of talent for a division’s, set of countries, or subsidiary’s short-term and long-term needs (12 months and beyond).
- Candidate Attraction
- Uses deep knowledge of competitor opportunities to differentiate Microsoft’s unique career possibilities, advantages, and rewards and leverage a consistent, compelling message that conveys the most significant motivators to prospective candidates.
- Shares proven stories that help others across the discipline to source, recruit, and/or close candidates. Tracks candidate activity and shares with internal stakeholders.
- Coaches the client to represent Microsoft’s unique career possibilities, advantages, and rewards that are distinct from those of competitors.
- Candidate Experience
- Gathers requirements and develops hiring plans that meet candidate needs throughout the hiring lifecycle, often for critical, complex, high level or high volume candidate searches. Owns the candidate experience and prepares candidates for next phases of the process. Enhances the candidate experience at all phases of the relationship by proactively identifying factors that may adversely impact the candidate and partnering with business leaders to develop mitigation strategies.
- Talent Sourcing
- Leverages long-term relationships with talent pools and communities across the industry. Develops a comprehensive approach that integrates multiple concepts (e.g. community building, business intelligence) to create an innovative sourcing strategy for a division, set of countries, or subsidiaries.
- Shares candidates across teams, and is responsible for developing and implementing strategies to generate and meet targets for differentiated talent for a division, set of countries, or subsidiaries.
- Candidate Assessment & Screening
- Manages the candidate assessment framework and identifies, adopts, and evangelizes best practices that ensure high-quality hires. Identifies opportunities for improvement and leads the creation of assessment materials by identifying relevant competencies and job criteria.
- Manages the candidate screening framework, and identifies, adopts, and evangelizes best practices that ensure effective screening processes and a qualified talent pool.
- Operational Compliance & Excellence
- Leads the optimization of staffing policies, systems, and processes throughout their organization, and guides stakeholders on the impact of these changes.
- Holds their team accountable for maintaining current documentation on candidates’ qualifications and status in the appropriate staffing or tracking system, within compliance guidelines (e.g., Office of Federal Compliance Programs, General Data Protection Regulation). Drives team to capture relevant data in recruiting platform and monitors and oversees quality of data capture.
- Embody our culture and values
- 8+ years talent acquisition experience (e.g., recruiting, sourcing), HR experience, or industry experience related to role
- OR Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Business, Liberal Arts, Computer Science, Engineering, or related field AND 5+ years talent acquisition experience (e.g., recruiting, sourcing), HR experience, or industry experience related to role.
- 2+ years formal or informal leadership/managerial experience.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
Benefits and Perks
- Industry leading healthcare
- Savings and investments
- Giving programs
- Educational resources
- Maternity and paternity leave
- Opportunities to network and connect
- Discounts on products and services
- Generous time away
Your application has been successfully submitted.
We're on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more.