Program Manager II
Vancouver, BC, Canada
Who are we?
We are the Azure Communication Services Team. We power reliable, high quality SMS, Chat, PSTN, video calling and meeting platform services across Microsoft products. Our service platform is well architected, globally distributed, highly scalable and built for the Cloud. The World continues to scale towards remote work, learn and play. Come find your purpose with us to connect the World. We are grounded in our mission to enable all organizations and customers to achieve more in work and life. Our Team is growing fast and learning fast to enable the next generation of communication experiences. We need strong candidates like you across all walks of life and experiences. Don't come just to join a great team. Come with the mindset to make a great team exceptional and we can be the career home you are looking for.
We are looking for a candidate who is passionate about designing and building high quality reliable Cloud Services. As an program manager in our team, you’ll be creating and enabling end-to-end (E2E) communication experiences to meet the growing needs of Microsoft first party and second party solutions. As a champion of the customer, you are expected to bring the customer voice into every conversation. In particular, you will identify core requirements to fulfill feature design, document E2E experience, partnering with your software engineer counterparts to participate in technical design, code and test planning with the aim to see the feature/scenario/product through to production. In this role, you will be responsible for prioritizing and managing large-scale scenarios, making design-tradeoffs as needed – ultimately assuring the end-product meets and exceeds customer needs. You are adept at overcoming obstacles to remove up-stream dependencies.
- Ability to transact across business, technology and product experiences
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills, with passion for cloud-scale services
- Experience with customer-driven engineering, unpacking customer/developer needs, and designing APIs to meet customer/developer needs
- Experience with Software as a Service business models
- Drives process to develop tools, materials, and more for marketing, customer support and sales teams
- Drives content development and adoption, assuring documentation is aligned to the overall content strategy
- Present and promote your area of expertise at trade shows, customer events, hackathons, and internal trainings
- Translate ideas into reality by writing quality feature area specifications and driving results throughout the entire product development lifecycle.
- Collaborates across disciplines to assure the right people are engaged
- Adept at navigating ambiguous problem-spaces and leading your team to successful product launches
- Expertise and passion working with data
- 3+ years of experience in program management or product development in software companies
- Bachelor and/or graduate degree in computer science, engineering, mathematics or related field
- Experience in the entire software product development cycle
- Familiarity with building applications and services in the Cloud would be very helpful. Knowing Microsoft Azure stack is helpful, but not required.
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Customer obsessed mindset – you lead with deep customer empathy, define core customer value first and driving product vision across multiple divisions/organizations
- Ability to define customer scenarios and technical requirements, including driving implementation thereof
- Lead with data and measurable impact
- Adept at working in ambiguous problem spaces and articulating customer value to partner teams
- Cloud and services experience, with Azure cloud experience highly desirable
- Passion for building highly scalable, highly reliable services
- Experience with or exposure to Agile and iterative development processes
- Growth Mindset with a desire to learn, a tendency to embrace challenges, persist in the face of setback, see failures as essential to mastery, learn from criticism and find lessons and inspiration in the success of others
- Help to create a diverse and inclusive culture where everyone can bring their full and authentic self, where all voices are heard, and where we do our best work as a result
- Confident and articulate in expressing ideas to a mixed audience with varying views and challenges
- A sense of personal ownership and accountability is required, together with the ability to deliver to deadlines while managing internal stakeholder expectations
- Self-motivated with a strong drive for reaching across teams and organizations to make progress collaboratively
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
Benefits and Perks
- Industry leading healthcare
- Savings and investments
- Giving programs
- Educational resources
- Maternity and paternity leave
- Opportunities to network and connect
- Discounts on products and services
- Generous time away
Your application has been successfully submitted.