Vancouver, BC, Canada
The M365 Core Design Team is looking for a talented and self-motivated UX Designer to help shape future of intelligence driven experiences across Microsoft. This role will support M365 Core Design which is at the center of connecting Microsoft’s intelligence graph to thoughtful experiences. Our primary charters revolve around Intelligent People, Content, Search & Assistant experiences that are woven into the fabric of our Microsoft 365 product landscape. Through stellar interaction, visual, and motion design practices, we are taking our cloud-based Office experiences to the next level for our customers. The UX Designer will work across disciplines cultivating a strong relationship with other Microsoft design stakeholders.
Overview / Primary Responsibilities:
The candidate will be responsible for conceptualizing and connecting interaction frameworks to visual design "look and feel" of software applications and cloud driven application suites. You will work with a cross disciplinary team to define, create, and evolve behavioral design patterns, user mental models, and design language across large scale desktop and mobile design frameworks. The candidate is accountable to help the team deliver, document, and evolve innovative end-to-end experiences through thoughtful design, leadership, and collaboration. You should have knowledge of touch and mouse UI paradigms and have demonstrable experience in crafting experiences with multiple input modalities.
- Work with multidisciplinary team to deliver beautiful end-to-end user experiences across multiple screens
- Deliver interaction designs, UI patterns
- Deliver visual design language assets and final art for development
- Partner with Program Managers to deliver thoughtful design solutions
- Design to high quality standards, follow processes, and deliver on schedule
- Help develop and refine UI pattern libraries and design guidelines
- Collaborate, create, and help the team deliver
- 3+ years of work-related experience required.
- Must have strong interaction and/or visual design skills with the ability to design quality graphical user interfaces.
- Strong communication, collaboration, skills required.
- Ability to self-motivate under constant deadline constraints.
- Should have a current understanding of web technology, know the constraints, be willing to push the limits and apply creative solutions that result in great user experiences.
- Proficiency in current design software is a must.
- Ability to demonstrate and present an in-depth knowledge of fundamental design principles such as grids, typography, color theory, space, form, scale and hierarchy is an absolute.
- Motion design, prototyping and UI coding skills is a plus.
- The position requires the need to be organized, detail-oriented and results-driven.
- Portfolio review required
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
Benefits and Perks
- Industry leading healthcare
- Savings and investments
- Giving programs
- Educational resources
- Maternity and paternity leave
- Opportunities to network and connect
- Discounts on products and services
- Generous time away
Your application has been successfully submitted.