Principal Research Program Manager
Vancouver, BC, Canada
Come be part of the team building Microsoft Threat Protection (MTP), one of Microsoft’s most exciting security products. MTP helps enterprises protect, detect, investigate, and respond to advanced attacks and data breaches on their networks by combining signals across our family of advanced threat protection products, including Office Advanced Threat Protection (OATP), Azure Advanced Threat Protection (AATP), and Microsoft Cloud App Security (MCAS). Our research team is passionate about analyzing and combining signals to quickly deliver high-quality incidents to MTP customers. From detecting nation state actors to complex supply chain attacks, our team brings deep knowledge of the attacker landscape and tradecraft to create the innovations necessary to uncover even the most well-funded attacker.
Tackling such a vast problem space requires strong program managers to define and drive the key investments necessary to disrupt attackers. We are seeking an experienced Principal Security Program Manager to help drive high quality, cross-category, endpoint, and cloud protection (prevention, detection, response, and remediation) research across millions of enterprise devices. This position requires deep domain knowledge in threat protection, experience in security operations, and the capability to work with a globally distributed team.
Your responsibilities will include working across both groups and products to orchestrate strategy, planning, prioritization, and health for MTP. You will evolve scalable processes and systems for cross-category threat protection product quality and protection value with research leads. You will bring people together across disciplines to develop ideas and concepts to further protection value through research and MTP features, rapidly prototyping to validate your ideas. You will engage in continuous planning cycle to drive next wave planning while keeping your pulse on execution and stepping in execution where uniquely required. You will strive to maintain the highest quality of work while driving projects to completion: balancing scope, schedule, competing priorities, project risks, and communications. As a principal member in the team, you will influence, mentor, and hold yourself accountable to drive the maturity of the entire team - specifically PM’s.
Our team focuses on diversity of all types in candidates for our roles and we strive to hire people with different experiences and perspectives into our team. To that end, we know that no candidate has every desired skill and experience, but all of us together makes our team strong.
We support the following values:
- Diversity of experience and background
- Growth mindset
- Willingness to act
- Anticipate challenges and create an action plan
- Strong interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently, but a preference for working as part of a team
- Ability to work effectively in ambiguous situations and respond favorably to change
- Able to achieve cross-team objectives across teams and organizations
Preferred qualifications include:
- 10+ years program and/or product management experience.
- Experience working with Enterprise customers
- Strong security acumen and demonstrated experience with exploit prevention, detection, and mitigation
- Excellent interpersonal skills and effective written/verbal communication skills, with experience presenting to C-level audiences
- A desire to learn, grow, and drive change
- Experience shipping enterprise features
- Good knowledge of kill-chain model, ATT&CK framework, and modern red team techniques
- BS+ degree, or equivalent experience, in Computer Science or Computer Engineering a strong plus
We hope you'll join us!
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
Benefits and Perks
- Industry leading healthcare
- Savings and investments
- Giving programs
- Educational resources
- Maternity and paternity leave
- Opportunities to network and connect
- Discounts on products and services
- Generous time away
Your application has been successfully submitted.