Microsoft Canada Foundational Student Skilling & Work Term
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Every year, we welcome thousands of university students from every corner of the world to join Microsoft. You bring your aspirations, talent, potential—and excitement for the journey ahead.
The Microsoft Canada Foundational Student Skilling Work Term is a paid 10-week program focused on helping students with a passion for learning to develop their technical & professional skills. Students will have the opportunity to build their network, learn new cutting-edge technology and work on solving business challenges. The internship is designed not only for you to learn and grow, but also participate in an exciting “Hackathon” project while experiencing our culture, full of diverse community connection, executive engagement, and memorable events.
We’re a company of learn-it-alls rather than know-it-alls and our culture is centered around embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence, and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day. Does this sound like you? Learn more about our cultural attributes.
Are you ready to join us and create the future? Come as you are, do what you love—start your journey with us today!
The Microsoft Canada Foundational Student Skilling Work Term is a paid work learning experience offered by Microsoft in partnership with Tech Nation. During this 10-week program students will have the opportunity to:
- Complete 4 weeks of training and get certified in Microsoft Technologies and Business including Microsoft Azure Fundamentals and Microsoft’s AI Business School
- Engage with leaders from across the Microsoft’s customer facing organization to learn more about Microsoft key technologies and develop their professional skills
- Receive mentoring and support from Microsoft employees and learn how our employees work with our customers and partners to deliver Microsoft technologies that help empower the world
- Work with your peers and mentors to deliver a project through the Microsoft Canada Foundational Skills Hackathon
- Currently enrolled in AND have completed your 1st or 2nd year of college or university - pursuing a bachelor's degree/diploma in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering, Math, Data Science, Cyber Security, Business, or related field
- Good negotiation, customer service, and interpersonal skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication, analytical and presentation skills
- Desire to learn more about working in the field of Technology including roles in Sales, Technical consulting and product development
Benefits and Perks
- Industry leading healthcare
- Giving programs
- Opportunities to network and connect
- Discounts on products and services
Your application has been successfully submitted.
We're on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more.