Program Manager II
Vancouver, BC, Canada
WebXT Start Experiences team is looking for a creative Program Manager who is passionate about UX and building products & experiences that user love and build a daily digital habit with. As Program Manager 2 of the Start Page Experiences Team, you will have the opportunity to build experiences in a fail-fast, experimentation & AI driven environment. You’ll leverage your strong customer focus and data driven approach to bring forth a vision for dynamic, personalized content consumption experiences for 1B + Microsoft customers. You’ll also leverage your experience in building UX at scale to take our products to over 300+ markets.
This role requires a very special penchant for UX design systems and a background of strong collaboration with designers, user research, engineers, product marketing and cross team/org stakeholders. If it sounds exciting to you, and you’ve got the right qualifications, we’d love to talk with you. We have a robust roadmap of business critical and innovative features and capabilities to deliver industry-leading experiences for our users and partners. Not only will you be able to help drive this roadmap, but we need you to craft it. This role will require a balance of digital promotions understanding, product vision, and cross-team coordination for delivery of complex features via detail-oriented project execution.
- Contribute to vision, strategy, and roadmap.
- Drive product strategy and roadmap for your area
- Define, design, and deliver key Microsoft scenarios
- Own your feature backlog with clarity, urgency, and accountability
- Actively drive and present product plans and reviews, demos, and competitive analyses with the team, partners, and executive leadership
- Engage with customers to incorporate feedback (tactical and strategic) into your team’s plans
- Partner with key internal and external partners to develop joint product plans, gather feedback, manage dependencies, and ensure customer success.
- Contribute to the overall Microsoft News product strategy and roadmap, as well as stay in sync with end-user features and service infrastructure
- Track all defined deliverables from conception through launch, leveraging (and improving) established processes, tools, and communications mechanisms
Basic Qualifications :
- 3+ years of program management experience
- Ability to wear many hats and learn quickly, and the temperament to lead a change in direction when needed
- Creative and critical thinking about product features, architecture, and capabilities
- Project management, leadership, and cross-group collaboration skills
- Experience with A/B testing and analytical skills a plus.
- Excellent written and verbal communication/presentation skills through all levels of the organization, technical and non-technical
- Deep understanding and experience building products in the following areas: Windows, MacOS, mobile.
- Solid understanding of web and mobile technologies, Progressive Web Apps, service operations at scale, and general ability to ramp up and go deep in new technical areas
- Analytical aptitude and track record of problem solving and using pilot programs, prototypes, growth hacking approaches and ability to think strategically
- 3+ years of program management experience delivering end-user facing products and services, with a strong focus on UX and history of growing responsibility
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or related field
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
Benefits and Perks
- Industry leading healthcare
- Savings and investments
- Giving programs
- Educational resources
- Maternity and paternity leave
- Opportunities to network and connect
- Discounts on products and services
- Generous time away
Your application has been successfully submitted.