Group Product Manager, Smart Workspace
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Dropbox is now a Virtual First company, which means work outside of an office will be the primary experience for all employees. The location listed on the job description is simply so our jobs get picked up by job boards as they require a specific location. Being Virtual First means, location is flexible, so please feel free to apply to any position regardless of the location listed. Final location will be determined, by teams and individuals as the hiring process unfolds.
Dropbox is the world’s first smart workspace that helps people and teams focus on the work that matters. With more than 600 million registered users across 180 countries, we’re on a mission to design a more enlightened way of working. Dropbox is headquartered in San Francisco, CA, and has 12 offices around the world.
Our Product team advocates for our users and our business, setting the vision for our growing family of products. We use data, research, strategy, and empathy to guide multidisciplinary teams toward a common goal, balancing diverse perspectives and empowering our teams to do great work. As we scale globally, there’s plenty of space for you to grow alongside us and simplify life for millions of people around the world in team that always focuses on we, not I, and creates delightful products that are worthy of trust.
As a Group Product Manager in the Self-Serve Business group, you will be responsible for setting direction and driving major strategic and product initiatives. You will have significant strategic impact and influence the direction of the company, as well as direct responsibility for new products and those already loved by hundreds of millions of users. You will do this together with an outstanding team of hardworking, passionate product managers and leaders from across functions.
In this role, you will be responsible for major initiatives in Dropbox’s investment in the Smart Workspace product — you will work closely with teams to develop the new collaborative Dropbox experiences that help users access the right content, maintain mutual awareness with their colleagues, and focus on the highest priority work, wherever they are, from any device.
- You will develop and deliver on Dropbox’s strategy around the Smart Workspace, spearheading key initiatives and driving cross-functional alignment and progress
- You will lead the cross-functional teams in your area – in close partnership with engineering and design – to create and ship delightful products that help people work better together
- You will collaborate closely with the other Product teams driving Smart Workspace initiatives
- You will work closely with our users, research, and customer success to deeply understand and address user needs
- You will partner with Marketing and PR to ensure the world is excited to take advantage of everything your team is building
- 7+ years of product management experience
- 2+ years proven leadership managing and growing a strong PM team
- Strategic product thinker with a track record of identifying new opportunities in a changing technical and market landscape
- User-centric approach embodied in past work on delightful products users love
- Strong communication, influence and cross-functional collaboration skills; ability to build clarity and drive focus in complex and dynamic contexts
Benefits and Perks
- 100% company paid individual medical, dental, & vision insurance coverage
- 401k + company match
- Market competitive total compensation package
- Free Dropbox space for your friends and family
- Wellness Reimbursement
- Generous vacation policy
- 10 company paid holidays
- Volunteer time off
- Company sponsored tech talks (technology and other relevant professional topics)
Dropbox is an equal opportunity employer. We are a welcoming place for everyone, and we do our best to make sure all people feel supported and connected at work. A big part of that effort is our support for members and allies of internal groups like Asians at Dropbox, BlackDropboxers, Latinx, Pridebox (LGBTQ), Vets at Dropbox, Women at Dropbox, ATX Diversity (based in Austin, Texas) and the Dropbox Empowerment Network (based in Dublin, Ireland).
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Our mission is to design a more enlightened way of working.