Sr. Commerical Counsel, Enterprise, Majors
United States Remote
Zoom is growing at an explosive pace by every measure - revenues, people, innovation, and customers. Led by Eric S. Yuan, the #1 ranked CEO on Glassdoor, our unique culture makes Zoom an awesome place to work. We are expanding teams across the organization. If you are motivated by delivering happiness, come join us at Zoom!
As a member of Zoom’s growing Legal team, the candidate is agile, resilient and focused with a strong ability to prioritize the strategic together with understanding Zoom’s business.
The Senior Counsel, Commercial will have primary responsibility to review, advise and negotiate issues involving complex customer contracts. In addition, the position may at times be called upon to provide a variety of general commercial legal services to the organization and its in-house clients. The ideal candidate will have excellent communication skills to interface with cross-functional teams and external customers. This position reports to the Associate General Counsel.
This role is a great opportunity for someone with a passion for technology, excellent problem-solving skills and an ability to thrive in a fast-paced, changing environment. This position requires extensive experience negotiating and drafting complex commercial contracts.
- Review, draft and negotiate complex contracts or other legal documentation with customers, suppliers, and others who desire to contract with the Company.
- Provide legal and strategic business advice to ensure agreements are consistent with internal corporate policies and processes.
- Transaction support for other departments as required.
- Trusted advisor and business partner across the company by providing counsel and guidance for accomplishing Zoom's overall business objectives
12 + years combined experience in law firm and/or in-house legal department; experience within a fast-paced technology company is advantageous.
Law Degree from a reputable institution, and licensed to practice in one of 50 U.S. States.
Excellent negotiation, drafting and communication skills with the ability to support sales departments and managing enterprise sales deals.
Ability to lead diverse teams through complex negotiations, keeping all tasks organized and stakeholders clearly informed of deliverables and timelines.
Comfort with handling topics such as revenue recognition, data privacy, and security in the customer contract context.
- Ability to understand business objectives and think creatively and outside-the-box to find resolutions to achieve requirements of all parties.
- Highly responsive with a service-oriented attitude.
- Ability to give succinct, commercially driven legal advice.
- Works well autonomously and in a multidisciplinary team environment.
- Sound and practical business judgment.
- Demonstrated ability to provide the highest level of legal work-product
- Possesses excellent and persuasive writing skills
- Ability to provide thought leadership on strategic matters as well as execute on tactical operational details
- Ability to work quickly and competently to prioritize, manage, and multi-task in a fast-pace working environment
- Strong work ethic and ability to multi-task, prioritize and follow-through on numerous projects simultaneously in a dynamic environment.
- Self-starter and able to work well independently and as part of a team, with strong organizational and interpersonal skills.
This position can be based out of a Zoom office or remote preferably based in Eastern Time Zone, and will report to the Associate General Counsel as a critical part of the Zoom’s Legal Team.
Your application has been successfully submitted.