Sr. Counsel, Enterprise, Healthcare
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Zoom is growing at an explosive pace by every measure - revenues, people, innovation, and customers. Led by Eric S. Yuan, the #1 ranked CEO on Glassdoor, our unique culture makes Zoom an awesome place to work. We are expanding teams across the organization. If you are motivated by delivering happiness, come join us at Zoom!
As a member of Zoom’s growing Legal team, the candidate is agile, resilient and focused with a strong ability to prioritize the strategic together with understanding Zoom’s business.
The Senior Counsel, Commercial will have primary responsibility to review, advise and negotiate issues involving complex customer contracts. In addition, the position may at times be called upon to provide a variety of general commercial legal services to the organization and its in-house clients. The ideal candidate will have excellent communication skills to interface with cross-functional teams and external customers. This position reports to the Deputy General Counsel.
This role is a great opportunity for someone with a passion for technology, excellent problem-solving skills and an ability to thrive in a fast-paced, changing environment. This position requires extensive experience negotiating and drafting complex commercial contracts.
- Review, draft and negotiate complex contracts or other legal documentation with customers, suppliers, and others who desire to contract with the Company.
- Provide legal and strategic business advice to ensure agreements are consistent with internal corporate policies and processes.
- Transaction support for other departments as required.
- Trusted advisor and business partner across the company by providing counsel and guidance for accomplishing Zoom's overall business objectives
- 12 + years combined experience in law firm and/or in-house legal department; experience within a fast-paced technology company is advantageous.
- Law Degree from a reputable institution, and license to practice in one of 50 U.S. States.
- Excellent negotiation, drafting and communication skills with the ability to support sales departments and ability to lead diverse teams through complex negotiations.
- Strong track record of working with a wide range of commercial agreements and customer facing terms delivering the highest level of legal work product
- Additional experience with the following a plus: Health care privacy laws, CCPA, GDPR, State and/or Federal health care programs/regulations
- Ability to think quickly on your feet, convey grace under pressure, and simultaneously manage workloads, multiple client demands and shifting priorities
- Think creatively and outside-the-box to find resolutions to achieve requirements of all parties.
- Highly responsive with a service-oriented attitude with the ability to give succinct, commercially driven legal advice.
- Works well autonomously and in a multidisciplinary team environment.
- Sound and practical business judgment.
- Possesses excellent and persuasive writing skills
- Ability to provide thought leadership on strategic matters as well as execute on tactical operational details
- Ability to work quickly and competently to prioritize, manage, and multi-task in a fast-pace working environment
- Strong work ethic and ability to multi-task, prioritize and follow-through on numerous projects simultaneously in a dynamic environment.
- Self-starter and able to work well independently and as part of a team, with strong organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Sense of humor
This position can be based out of a Zoom office or remote preferably based in Eastern Time Zone.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Bringing the world together, one meeting at a time.