Design Researcher - SSB Files, Surfaces - San Francisco, CA; Remote - US
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Dropbox is now a Virtual First company, which means work outside of an office will be the primary experience for all employees. The location listed on the job description is simply so our jobs get picked up by job boards as they require a specific location. Being Virtual First means, location is flexible, so please feel free to apply to any position regardless of the location listed. Final location will be determined, by teams and individuals as the hiring process unfolds.
Dropbox is the world’s first smart workspace that helps people and teams focus on the work that matters. With more than 600 million registered users across 180 countries, we’re on a mission to design a more enlightened way of working. Dropbox is headquartered in San Francisco, CA, and has 12 offices around the world.
Our Design team crafts delightful experiences that make people's lives easier. We're a close-knit, collaborative group, guided by a highly iterative user-centered design process. Combining research, data, and thoughtful critique, we're discovering needs and solving fundamental problems that impact work and life for millions of people around the world.
Surfaces is a unique team init’s ensuring that desktop and web platforms and surfaces evolve to meet growing business needs without compromising the user experience. We have the responsibility to ensure that core Dropbox flows are easy to use, consistent, and optimized for solving key customer needs.
- You will conduct high velocity and high impact strategic research across SSB, in particular with the Surfaces Team
- You will identify and execute research that impacts product team immediate roadmaps and longer term strategies
- You will implement multi-method research studies that incorporate both qualitative and quantitative data
- You will socialize research within SSB Files and across the company in innovative and engaging ways
- You will mentor members of our team in methods, communication, and socialization
- 5+ years of UX-related work experience
- Broad experience with a wide variety of research methods applied across the product development process
- Strength in a particular research specialty: design strategy, generative and exploratory research, surveys, statistical modeling, analytics/visualization, etc.
- Demonstrated skills for collaborating closely with other researchers, designers, product managers and engineers
- Clear, compelling presentation and communication style
Benefits and Perks
- 100% company paid individual medical, dental, & vision insurance coverage
- 401k + company match
- Market competitive total compensation package
- Free Dropbox space for your friends and family
- Wellness Reimbursement
- Generous vacation policy
- 10 company paid holidays
- Volunteer time off
- Company sponsored tech talks (technology and other relevant professional topics)
Dropbox is an equal opportunity employer. We are a welcoming place for everyone, and we do our best to make sure all people feel supported and connected at work. A big part of that effort is our support for members and allies of internal groups like Asians at Dropbox, BlackDropboxers, Latinx, Pridebox (LGBTQ), Vets at Dropbox, Women at Dropbox, ATX Diversity (based in Austin, Texas) and the Dropbox Empowerment Network (based in Dublin, Ireland).
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Our mission is to design a more enlightened way of working.