Benefits Analyst ( San Francisco, CA; Remote - US)
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Dropbox is now a Virtual First company, which means work outside of an office will be the primary experience for all employees. The location listed on the job description is simply so our jobs get picked up by job boards as they require a specific location. Being Virtual First means, location is flexible, so please feel free to apply to any position regardless of the location listed. Final location will be determined, by teams and individuals as the hiring process unfolds.
Dropbox is the world’s first smart workspace that helps people and teams focus on the work that matters. With more than 600 million registered users across 180 countries, we’re on a mission to design a more enlightened way of working. Dropbox is headquartered in San Francisco, CA, and has 12 offices around the world.
Our Recruiting & People team grows and develops the Dropbox family. We find, hire, and support the people who will shape our product and our company. We believe people do their best work when they’re happy, so we work to make Dropbox a place where everyone can thrive.
The Benefits Analyst is responsible for administration of the US employee benefits program at Dropbox. They will also provide support with global benefits, perks and wellness initiatives. The analyst is knowledgeable of industry and community standards to determine the company's competitive position in employee benefits. This role develops strong broker and vendor relationships in order to efficiently manage the benefit plans. The analyst will be tasked with providing guidance and assistance to employees at all US locations and will be the team steward of customer-centric thinking.
- Administer employee benefits programs such as medical, dental, vision plans; life and disability insurance plans; leave of absence programs; retirement plans
- Maintain a solid foundation of benefits compliance to ensure the program is meeting all legislative requirements
- Work closely with the team, benefits consultants and insurance carriers to implement approved new plans or changes to existing plans by preparing announcement materials, plan summary documents, updates to the employee intranet and other media for communicating plans to employees
- Prepare benefits reports for plan audits, actuaries, insurance carriers and management
- Serve as employees’ first point of contact for benefit programs, including managing ‘level 1’ tickets. Act as a subject matter expert for escalation of employee benefits inquiries and complaints to ensure quick, equitable, courteous resolution.
- Maintain contact in person, and by phone or mail, with insurance companies, employees, and beneficiaries to facilitate proper and complete utilization of benefits for all employees
- Support the benefits team with designing engagement plans for program-related events (ex: open enrollment, wellness week)
- Support the team with Global Benefits projects and initiatives
- Coordinate with the benefits team on delivering our US benefits onboarding program and hosting new hire benefits office hours
- A bachelor's degree and 2-4 years of experience in benefits administration
- Customer service skill with focus on employee education
- Ability to develop strong working relationships and collaborate with a cross-functional group of partners, both internal and external
- Experience using benefits enrollment systems
- Working knowledge of Excel for auditing purposes
Benefits and Perks
- 100% company paid individual medical, dental, & vision insurance coverage
- 401k + company match
- Market competitive total compensation package
- Free Dropbox space for your friends and family
- Wellness Reimbursement
- Generous vacation policy
- 10 company paid holidays
- Volunteer time off
- Company sponsored tech talks (technology and other relevant professional topics)
Dropbox is an equal opportunity employer. We are a welcoming place for everyone, and we do our best to make sure all people feel supported and connected at work. A big part of that effort is our support for members and allies of internal groups like Asians at Dropbox, BlackDropboxers, Latinx, Pridebox (LGBTQ), Vets at Dropbox, Women at Dropbox, ATX Diversity (based in Austin, Texas) and the Dropbox Empowerment Network (based in Dublin, Ireland).
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Our mission is to design a more enlightened way of working.