Product Designer, Dropbox for Work - Location Flexible San Francisco, CA; Remote - US
United States Remote
Dropbox is now a Virtual First company, which means work outside of an office will be the primary experience for all employees. The location listed on the job description is simply so our jobs get picked up by job boards as they require a specific location. Being Virtual First means, location is flexible, so please feel free to apply to any position regardless of the location listed. Final location will be determined, by teams and individuals as the hiring process unfolds.
Dropbox is the world’s first smart workspace that helps people and teams focus on the work that matters. With more than 600 million registered users across 180 countries, we’re on a mission to design a more enlightened way of working. Dropbox is headquartered in San Francisco, CA, and has 12 offices around the world.
Our Design team crafts delightful experiences that make people's lives easier. We're a close-knit, collaborative group, guided by a highly iterative user-centered design process. Combining research, data, and thoughtful critique, we're discovering needs and solving fundamental problems that impact work and life for millions of people around the world.
As a Product Designer at Dropbox, you’ll tackle complex problems that will transform the way people work. You’ll collaborate with likeminded designers, engineers and product managers to define product strategy and find inspiring ways to delight our users around the world. We’re looking for curious and inventive full stack product designers to create end-to-end experiences - from identifying and understanding pain points to owning the craft and finish of every detail in the product.
- You will be actively involved in defining product strategy.
- You will think in terms of design systems and make rational design decisions.
- You will obsess over details and are excited to polish until your work is pixel-perfect.
- You will constantly be pushing your limits and searching for opportunities to become better.
- Your team collaboration skills are unparalleled.
- You thrive in an environment with short feedback loops.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent practical work experience in Design
- A minimum of 4 years of experience as a Product Designer
- Experience designing for the web and understanding how to apply both form and function within it while maintaining simplicity.
- An understanding of what makes an experience good or bad is critical. You can think through user problems, find reasonable solutions, mock them up in detail, and work with engineers to build them.
- We love making things beautiful and hope you feel the same. You have a deep understanding of composition, balance, symmetry, and white space.
- You have a highly refined aesthetic sense and can both work within and expand the Dropbox style.
- You look for opportunities to tackle problems in unusual and innovative ways.
- You understand the technical limitations and liberties behind your decisions and have enough chops to communicate your ideas to our engineers.
- You construct your own iconography, set your own guidelines, and build easy-to-navigate documents.
- You want to work on a team of the world's best software designers and engineers, building a product that you use every single day!
Benefits and Perks
- 100% company paid individual medical, dental, & vision insurance coverage
- 401k + company match
- Market competitive total compensation package
- Free Dropbox space for your friends and family
- Wellness Reimbursement
- Generous vacation policy
- 10 company paid holidays
- Volunteer time off
Dropbox is an equal opportunity employer. We are a welcoming place for everyone, and we do our best to make sure all people feel supported and connected at work. A big part of that effort is our support for members and allies of internal groups like Asians at Dropbox, BlackDropboxers, Latinx, Pridebox (LGBTQ), Vets at Dropbox, Women at Dropbox, ATX Diversity (based in Austin, Texas) and the Dropbox Empowerment Network (based in Dublin, Ireland).
Your application has been successfully submitted.