This job is no longer accepting applications.
Company DescriptionTipico is an energetic, passionate, bold tech company, and we love sports! Tipico has recently expanded to the US market, establishing offices in Hoboken, New Jersey and Denver, Colorado. We are driven by our core values: passion, progress and trust. Our goal is to build the best possible mobile sports betting product in the industry, in order to amplify the emotions of millions of sports fans every day. Let’s Make This Interesting ™
Note: This job will be located in our Hoboken, NJ office.
Job DescriptionTipico is looking for a Staff Accountant who will be instrumental in growing the organization and its accounting needs. We want a person who wants to develop their role at our company and make it their own in the sports betting industry. We want innovators, we want doers!
This role will be an integral part of the Accounting and Finance group. As we are growing the team, there will be high value placed on each individual. The team is structured to be cross functional as well as area specialized. The Accountant role is responsible maintaining the general ledger, reviewing financial statements, preparing financial reports, assisting with audits and budgeting processes, and reconciling accounts.
There is a ton of room to grow within the organization and we are looking for someone who wants to develop their career with us. Key responsibilities include:
- Prepare and maintain important financial reports
- Record, classify and summarize financial transactions and expenditure in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles
- Prepare month-end close reports
- Evaluate financial operations to recommend best-practices
- Continue to improve the financial department and its policies and processes
- Identify issues and strategize solutions for efficiency
- Perform revenue journal entry postings and reconciliations
- Prepare/review of monthly betting taxes reports and authority / casino reporting
- Support the statutory audit process and preparation of audit files for the European entities
- Ad hoc reporting
- QualificationsBS/BA in Accounting, Finance or related field; professional certification (e.g. CPA) is a plus
- A minimum of 2-5+ years’ experience in accounting or an accounting related field
- Proven knowledge of bookkeeping and accounting principles, practices, standards, laws and regulations. (GAAP required, IFRS is a plus)
- Strong attention to detail and excellent organizational skills
- Good analytical skills, ability to analyze numbers and generate insights
- Ability to present and communicate financial data clearly
- In-depth experience with any of the leading booking systems (Tipico currently uses Dynamics 365 Business Central/ Navision)
- Advanced MS Excel skills including VLOOKUP and pivot tables; macro building knowledge is a plus
- Ability to multitask and in possession of sound problem solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- You are a self-starter, who has a high degree of motivation to work in a fast-paced environment
Nice to have:
- Online gaming and gambling experience
- Knowledge about and / or experience with sports betting
Additional InformationWhat's in it for you:
- Work in an environment where you, your work and ideas matter and have an impact.
- You will be a be part of the newest and up and coming USA online iGaming and sports betting companies in the market.
- Work in a new and young business with high growth potential.
- Build your own success story together with us.
- Work with self-organized, self-responsible and entrepreneurial employees.
- Start-up feeling, backed-up by a leading European sports betting house. We are a high-volume business and are taking off in the US!
- Competitive salary, Medical, Vision, Dental Benefits, Unlimited PTO, and more
Your application has been successfully submitted.