Corporate Tax Manager
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Company DescriptionTipico is an energetic, passionate, bold tech company, and we love sports! Tipico has recently expanded to the US market, establishing offices in Hoboken, New Jersey and Denver, Colorado. We are driven by our core values: passion, progress and trust. Our goal is to build the best possible mobile sports betting product in the industry, in order to amplify the emotions of millions of sports fans every day. Let’s Make This Interesting ™
Note: This job will be located in our Hoboken, NJ office.
Job DescriptionTipico North America is looking for a Corporate Tax Manager who will help our growing organization fulfill its accounting needs. We need a person who wants to develop their role at our company and make it their own in the sports betting industry. We want innovators, we want doers!
The Corporate Tax Manager will report directly to the Director of Finance and work together with the rest of the management team, finance team and business operations.
We are looking for a highly driven tax manager to ensure that the company’s state and federal tax documents are prepared and filed in a timely manner. The tax manager’s responsibilities include developing solutions for potential tax issues, keeping abreast of new developments in tax legislation, and informing management of new legislative developments. You should also be able to advise on on tax planning, tax research, and tax compliance as the company grows and enters into new market. To be successful as a tax manager, you should be able to manage multiple projects efficiently. Key tasks include:
- Coordinating and managing the preparation and filing of federal and state tax returns in a timely manner.
- Developing and implement tax strategies to assist the Company in being tax-compliant, both federally and on the state level
- Identifying tax problems and developing solutions
- Monitoring developments in tax legislation
- Reviewing tax returns
- Informing management of developments in tax legislation
- Coordinate with members of the 3rd party tax team to ensure that tax returns are completed correctly
- Maintaining relationship with 3rd party tax advisors
- Be able to manage multiple projects efficiently
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, taxation, finance, business or related field.
- Proven experience as a tax senior, public accountant or similar role.
- The ability to work with different accounting software.
- Extensive knowledge of tax legislation.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
- Strong analytical and communication skills.
- Sound problem-solving skills.
Nice to have:
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) license.
- Knowledge about and / or experience with sports betting.
- Online gaming and gambling experience.
- Technology startup experience.
Additional InformationWhat's in it for you:
- Work in an environment where you, your work and ideas matter and have an impact
- You will be a part of one of the newest and up and coming USA online iGaming and sports betting companies in the market
- Work in a new and young business with high growth potential
- Build your own success story together with us
- Work with self-organized, self-responsible and entrepreneurial employees
- Start-up feeling, backed-up by a leading European sports betting house. We are a high-volume business and are taking off in the US!
- Competitive salary, 401k match, unlimited PTO, Medical, Vision, Dental Benefits, and more!
Your application has been successfully submitted.