Software Engineer - Fullstack
Tipico is an energetic, passionate, bold tech company, and we love sports! Tipico has recently expanded to the US market, establishing offices in Hoboken, New Jersey and Denver, Colorado. We are driven by our core values: passion, progress and trust. Our goal is to build the best possible mobile sports betting product in the industry, in order to amplify the emotions of millions of sports fans every day. Let’s Make This Interesting ™
Note: This job will be located in our Hoboken, New Jersey office, though we are also hiring for our Denver, Colorado location.
Are you excited about high-volume modern technology environments? Do have a passion for building amazing products? Do you thrive in collaborative environments? Do you have a proven ability to understand specifications and transform them into high quality code?
If so, you are the at the right place! We are looking for someone who will be instrumental in the growth of the organization by developing amazing products. Someone who can deliver state of the art code, but also has an eye for performance and scalability. Someone who can work within a team but is also able to take their own initiative and share their ideas. We want innovators, we want doers!
The position holder ensures that the team delivers state of the art products in a timely fashion and are in-line with our stakeholders needs by:
- Working closely with product management to help identifying technical limitations when dealing with product requirements
- Supporting architects and the development team in brainstorming sessions to go forward with new development for both backend and frontend technologies
- Developing new features across the entire stack including keeping unit test coverage above 90%
- Helping automation engineers in APIs automated tests and e2e tests
- Maintaining and optimizing current code base, both backend and frontend
- Reviewing pull requests by other developers and giving constructive feedback
- Participating in grooming sessions to assess user stories, give feedback to product manager and provide estimates in story points
- Giving daily updates in daily stand-up sessions with the team
- Maintaining system technical documentation
- Helping in solving P1 (high priority) issues, if any
- Mentoring junior developers and helping them out when necessary
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in software development, ideally in an agile environment.
- Ability to write clean code with an eye for performance and scalability.
- Ability to work in a team and on his own initiative.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Positive attitude with the ability to understand specifications and transform them into high-quality code.
- Extensive experience using Java with deep knowledge on OOP principles and design patterns.
- Strong Knowledge in Microservice Architecture and Design principles combined with hands-on experience and practical application of IoC with a framework like Spring, toolkit like Vertx or similar.
- Experience with CI and Source control systems such as Jenkins and Git.
- Familiarity with relational and NoSQL databases.
- Familiarity with cloud technologies such as AWS and Kubernetes.
Nice to Have:
- Online gaming and gambling experience
- Worked in FinTech companies, familiar with transaction-based applications.
- Familiarity with Reactive Programming principles.
- Familiarity in designing and building applications in React.js or similar.
- Experience with package managers like npm or yarn.
- Knowledge about Testing Frameworks like Junit, Mockito or similar technologies.
- Basic knowledge of Linux
What's in it for you:
- Work in an environment where you, your work and ideas matter and have an impact
- You will be a part of one of the newest and up and coming USA online iGaming and sports betting companies in the market
- Work in a new and young business with high growth potential
- Build your own success story together with us
- Work with self-organized, self-responsible and entrepreneurial employees
- Start-up feeling, backed-up by a leading European sports betting house. We are a high-volume business and are taking off in the US!
- Competitive salary, 401k match, unlimited PTO, Medical, Vision, Dental Benefits, and more!
Your application has been successfully submitted.