Tipico is an energetic, passionate, bold tech company, and we love sports! Tipico has recently expanded to the US market, establishing offices in Hoboken, New Jersey and Denver, Colorado. We are driven by our core values: passion, progress and trust. Our goal is to build the best possible mobile sports betting product in the industry, in order to amplify the emotions of millions of sports fans every day. Let’s Make This Interesting ™
Note: This job will be located in our Hoboken, NJ office.
Do you have a passion for data? Are you up to date with the best practices and emerging trends in the development and upkeep of data environments? Does working in a collaborative environment make you contemplate leaving your current role?
If so, you are in the right place! We are looking for someone who will take responsibility and pride in their work while addressing the reporting and data analysis needs of the stakeholders. The Data Engineer will work with other engineers in the team while ensuring technology alignment and development standards.
This position requires someone who has a proactive, innovative, and solution-orientated work approach. We want a team player with a hands-on approach that thrives in a fast-paced challenging environment.
The Data Engineer will report directly to the Data Engineering Manager and work together with rest of the data engineers, BI analysts, and product teams. The position holder ensures this is done by doing the following:
- Create and maintain both batch (ETL) and real-time data pipelines and architecture
- Ensure all data provided by Data Platform is of the highest quality and is delivered in a timely manner and in line with agreed SLAs
- Assemble large and complex data sets that meet functional and non-functional business requirements
- Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements, including automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability, etc.
- Build the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources using SQL and AWS ‘big data’ technologies
- Collaborate with stakeholders including data architects, Executive, Product, Data and IT team members from the beginning to the delivery of a project
- Build a scalable, modern, and trusted data ecosystem, making sure it is responsive, available and in line with business requirements
- Take part in sprints, workloads, and deliverables through agile methodologies
- Manage quality assurance, verification of accuracy and consistency of data, specifically KPI measures sent to the business
- Thrive working in a fast-paced and challenging environment
- Open to continuous learning individually and with the team
- Comfortable with being challenged / seeking challenge
- Willing to work flexible hours if needed
- 3+ years in Data Platforms / Data warehouse / BI experience
- Must have experience in successfully implementing data-centric applications, such as data warehouses, operational data stores, and data integration projects
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills that balance with creative approaches
- Ability to learn new and complex concepts quickly
- Strong experience with large-scale production databases and SQL
- Solid understanding of cloud data services: AWS services such as S3, Athena, EC2, RedShift, EMR, EKS, RDS and Lambda
- Proficient with one or more big data & new data technologies such as Talend, NIFI, Airflow, Kafka
- Experience with data modelling
- Experience with ETL development (extractions, data load, aggregation, transformation)
- Knowledge in working with time-series/analytics databases such as Elasticsearch
- Understanding of containerization and orchestration technologies like Docker/Kubernetes
- Must be able to take ownership of projects with a high level of attention to detail and priority
- Team player with a hands-on approach and attitude
- Must be comfortable with on call rotation
Nice to have:
- Familiarity with Marketing tooling and/or CRM systems is preferred
- Familiarity with using business intelligence tools such as PowerBI, Domo, Tableau, Looker
- Knowledge about and / or experience with sports betting
- Background in digital companies, online, gambling, gaming, e-commerce, marketing, or mobile apps
- Familiarity with one scripting language, preferably Python
What's in it for you:
- Work in an environment where you, your work and ideas matter and have an impact.
- You will be a be part of the newest and up and coming USA online iGaming and sports betting companies in the market.
- Work in a new and young business with high growth potential.
- Build your own success story together with us.
- Work with self-organized, self-responsible and entrepreneurial employees.
- Start-up feeling, backed-up by a leading European sports betting house. We are a high-volume business and are taking off in the US!
- Competitive salary, Medical, Vision, Dental Benefits, unlimited PTO, and more!
Your application has been successfully submitted.