Technical Lead, Data Engineering
Tipico is an energetic, passionate, bold tech company, and we love sports! Tipico has recently expanded to the US market, establishing offices in Hoboken, New Jersey and Denver, Colorado. We are driven by our core values: passion, progress and trust. Our goal is to build the best possible mobile sports betting product in the industry, in order to amplify the emotions of millions of sports fans every day. Let’s Make This Interesting ™
Note: This office is located in our Denver, Colorado location.
Do you have a passion for data? Are you up to date with the best practices and emerging trends in the development and upkeep of data environments? Does working in a collaborative environment make you contemplate leaving your current role?
If so, you are in the right place! We are looking for someone who will take responsibility and pride in their work while addressing the reporting and data analysis needs of the stakeholders. The Data Engineer will work with other engineers in the team while ensuring technology alignment and development standards.
This position requires someone who has a proactive, innovative, and solution-orientated work approach. A person who is a leader and a team player with a hands-on approach, that thrives in a fast-paced challenging environment.
The Lead Data Engineer will report directly to the Data Engineering Manager and work together with rest of the data engineers, BI analysts, and product teams. The position holder ensures this is done by doing the following:
- Evolve data architecture to better support research and data-driven decision throughout the organization
- Design, develop, and maintain dimensional models and ETL processes to load Data Warehouse and support enterprise reporting capabilities
- Collaborates with stakeholders including architects, Executive, Product, and IT team members from the beginning to the delivery of a project
- Support the data environment by releasing new features, resolving issues for users, and working with other technology teams to define standards
- Builds the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources using SQL and AWS ‘big data’ technologies
- Participate in daily scrum meetings and collaborate with other agile team members
- Mentor and provide guidance to new and junior data engineers
- Participate in code reviews and advise on best practices
- Open to continuous learning individually and with the Team
- Thrives working in a fast-paced and challenging environment
- Comfortable with being challenged / seeking challenge
- Generally, 7+ years in Data Platforms / Datawarehouse with at least 2 years as a technical lead
- Must have experience in successfully implementing data-centric applications, such as data warehouses, operational data stores, and data integration projects
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills that balance with creative approaches
- Must have experience with large-scale production databases and SQL
- Must have experience with one or more cloud data services: AWS services such as S3, Athena, EC2, RedShift, EMR, EKS, RDS and Lambda
- Direct experience with data modeling, ETL/ELT development principles, cloud development, and data warehousing concepts
- Must have experience with one or more big data & new data technologies such as Talend, NIFI, Airflow, Glue, Kafka
- Knowledge in working with time-series/analytics databases such as Elasticsearch
- Understanding of containerization and orchestration technologies like Docker/Kubernetes
- Experience with Git/Bitbucket
- Understanding of DevOps and CI/CD pipeline principles
- Must be able to take ownership of projects with a high level of attention to detail and priority
- Ability to learn new and complex concepts quickly
- Excellent communication skills. Ability to effectively communicate with both technical and non-technical audiences
- Highly collaborative in working teammates and stakeholders
- Team player with a hands-on approach and attitude
- Willing to participate in on call rotation and weekend support when required
Nice to have:
- Experience with code migration to new ETL tool
- Familiarity with Marketing tooling and/or CRM systems is preferred
- Familiarity with using business intelligence tools such as PowerBI, Domo, Tableau, Looker
- Knowledge about and / or experience with sports betting
- Background in digital companies, online, gambling, gaming, e-commerce, marketing, or mobile apps.
- Familiarity with one scripting language, preferably Python
What's in it for you:
- Work in an environment where you, your work and ideas matter and have an impact
- You will be a part of one of the newest and up and coming USA online iGaming and sports betting companies in the market
- Work in a new and young business with high growth potential
- Build your own success story together with us
- Work with self-organized, self-responsible and entrepreneurial employees
- Start-up feeling, backed-up by a leading European sports betting house. We are a high-volume business and are taking off in the US!
- Competitive salary, 401k match, unlimited PTO, Medical, Vision, Dental Benefits, and more!
Salary range for this position is $130k - $150k
Your application has been successfully submitted.