People & Culture Specialist (Payroll & Benefits) (Vancouver/Toronto/Montreal)
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Are you interested in creating the future of work?
Join our team
At TELUS, we’re looking for people who like to innovate every day. As part of the People & Culture team, you should know that we’re not your standard (traditional) Human Resources. We embrace change and challenge the status quo and we have fun doing it. We’re just as passionate about our team as we are about our customers and we’re looking for people that radiate this passion.
Here’s what we believe
- We are ONE team – there’s no room for egos or blame
- Everything we do is tied to the business – our customers
- We challenge the status quo – and when others think we’re done, we make it better
- We live up to our commitments – to ourselves, our friends, family, peers, leaders and our customers
- Our success is all about how we do things – how we lead and think, proactively solve problems, deliver, communicate, and more!
Here’s the impact you’ll make and what we will accomplish together
In this role, you will be an integral part of the Payroll & Benefits team, delivering excellent support and impeccable customer service to over 27,000 internal team members, over 22,000 retirees and many more external customers across Canada. Alongside, the larger HR Operations team, and one of two specialists, you will put your best foot forward by helping:
- Deliver superior team member experiences by providing payroll expertise and guidance to all of our stakeholders
- Bridge the gap between system and people by being the business process expert of the various HR tools we own and providing ongoing coaching to our payroll and benefit administrators
- Bring a mindset of innovation and continuous improvement by challenging the status quo and implementing process improvements
- Ensure the integrity of our overall data through audits, automation, and a relentless focus on safeguarding the quality of our work
Reporting to the Payroll Manager, you will bring your A-game by being an:
- Expert in your field:
- Acting as a technical resource for all payroll and benefit related matters
- Partnering around the ongoing maintenance of all payroll and benefits business processes
- Co-ownership of data integrity for all team member pay and benefits data within our control
- Completing audit preparation and documentation support and information as needed for internal, external and regulatory audits, ensuring we comply with TELUS Corporate and External Auditor’s Sarbanes-Oxley control requirements
- Engaging Communicator:
- Effectively collaborating with our national team
- Building relationships with the various stakeholders that you support through your deliverables within the P&C Operations team
- Collaborating with senior leaders to manage escalations and identify efficiency opportunities
You’re the missing piece of the puzzle
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in payroll and benefits; working on both federally and provincially regulated Canadian payrolls
- Experienced in working with Canada Revenue Agency and Revenue Québec
- Recognized for your knowledge of payroll financial accounting principles
- Strong payroll systems experience (SAP payroll an asset)
- Have experience working in a unionized environment
- Bilingual in English and French, both written and oral (required)
- Praised for your knowledge and awareness of all areas within HR, especially operational in nature
- Recognized for your knowledge of Canada Labour Code and Employment Standards, rules and laws
- Known for your strong system expertise with proficiency in Microsoft Office tools
- You have a post-secondary education in Human Resources and/or an equivalent combination of payroll and benefits education and experience
- You have CPA PCP designation (required)
- CPM designation
- CHRP designation
- Benefits designation
Who is TELUS?
We're a high-performing team of individuals who collectively make TELUS one of the leading telecommunications companies in Canada. Our competitive consumer offerings include wireline, wireless, internet and Optik TV™. We also deliver a compelling range of products and services for small, medium and large businesses; and have carved out a leadership position in the health, energy, finance and public sector markets with innovative industry specific solutions.
Everyone belongs at TELUS. It doesn’t matter who you are, what you do or how you do it, at TELUS, your unique contribution and talents will be valued and respected. Because the more diverse perspectives we have the more likely we are to crack the code on what our customers want and our communities need.
Do you share our passion?
At TELUS, you create future friendly® possibilities.
At TELUS, we are committed to diversity and equitable access to employment opportunities based on ability.
Primary Location: CA-QC-Rimouski
Other Locations: CA-QC-Montreal, CA-BC-Vancouver, CA-ON-Toronto, CA-AB-Edmonton
Your application has been successfully submitted.
All Connected for Good