Intermediate Cloud Data Engineer- TELUS Digital
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Create awesome experiences for our customers.
Join our team
We’re a customer-driven and product-minded team within TELUS, responsible for our company’s digital evolution. We simplify the path to production so teams can focus on what matters most.
TELUS Digital’s mission is to make life easier for millions of customers – and for our team. We build smart, customer-centric and data-driven experiences for telus.com, TELUS.com/business and the My TELUS app.
Our team includes a passionate group of strategists, UX and visual designers, full stack developers, content managers, scrum masters, testers, product owners, people experience specialists, and other digital experts.
Our team members are leaders in local and global technology communities, we value and support communities such as: Tech Masters, NodeSchool, Ladies Learning Code, Women Who Code TO and many more!
Learn more about our team at telus.com/digital
This is a full-time position.
Here’s the impact you’ll make and what we’ll accomplish together
As a Cloud Data Engineer (Intermediate), you will join the Home Solutions Analytics team and own the Google Cloud Platform. You will continue to evolve and optimize our cloud setup, and will work with our analysts to deliver cloud solutions to meet reporting needs. You will work with large scales of data from various sources, and will be responsible for ETLs and finding solutions to get data in the format required by the analysts.
As we mature with the Google Cloud Platform, we will move towards utilizing more machine learning algorithms to help make better predictions to help make better decisions.
We are looking for an individual who loves to solve complex problems with knowledge of Terraform, Google Cloud functionality, Python and SQL.
- Create, model and transform data in various formats and from several sources to allow data to be easier analyzed for faster decision making
- Build cloud functions and pipelines from various dataLakes and applications to ingest and transform data
- Monitor data quality and follow data best practices
- Minimize and fix any bugs that may occur on a daily basis
- Work with analysts and stakeholders to gather requirements for different projects that touch the Google Cloud Platform
- Use problem solving skills to identify deficiencies, and execute solutions to make functions more efficient
- Collaborate with data supply teams to refine solutions and remove roadblockers
You're the missing piece of the puzzle
- You have Google Cloud Platform experience including working with Cloud functions, Cloud scheduler, Big Query, Airflow and Terraform
- Have 2+ years of working with cloud functions
- Have strong Python and SQL skills
- Passionate about problem solving and finding the most efficient solutions
- Work well within a team
- Google Cloud Platform Certification
- You have worked with analytics teams in the past
- Have interest in data visualization
- Experience with machine learning best practices
- Familiarity with agile/scrum methodologies
Who is TELUS?
We're a high-performing team of individuals who collectively make TELUS one of the leading telecommunications companies in Canada. Our competitive consumer offerings include wireline, wireless, internet and Optik TV™. We also deliver a compelling range of products and services for small, medium and large businesses; and have carved out a leadership position in the health, energy, finance and public sector markets with innovative industry specific solutions.
Everyone belongs at TELUS. It doesn’t matter who you are, what you do or how you do it, at TELUS, your unique contribution and talents will be valued and respected. Because the more diverse perspectives we have the more likely we are to crack the code on what our customers want and our communities need.
Do you share our passion?
At TELUS, you create future friendly® possibilities.
At TELUS, we are committed to diversity and equitable access to employment opportunities based on ability.
Primary Location: CA-BC-Vancouver
Your application has been successfully submitted.
All Connected for Good