Senior Financial Analyst
Vancouver, BC, Canada Remote
Join our team
We are looking for a high performing and engaged Senior Financial Analyst to join an exciting growth area of the business! TELUS' Smart Home Security team brings the power of Smart Technology to life for our residential and business customers and offers a unique opportunity for our team members to be at the forefront of a high profile and high growth portfolio.
Here's the impact you'll make and what we'll accomplish together
As a trusted business partner to the Smart Home Security Team, you will join the team whose focus is on the expansion and the evolution of our recently launched Smart Home Security for consumer and business segments. This team has the exciting opportunity to venture into uncharted territory and create the best financial outcomes for TELUS as we grow these businesses organically and through acquisition ventures. If you are self-starter who thrives in a fast paced environment, loves to solve complex problems, has a sense of urgency, and excels at building relationships, this is the role for you!
As a senior member of this team, you will be involved in:
Strategy Management across the Smart Home Security portfolio
- Provide finance leadership and support towards overall strategy to integrate acquired Security companies into consolidated division to support Customer and Commercial National Security Offerings
- Leverage cross-functional relationships to derive optimal resourcing and system solutions to support the desired future state
- Alignment of best practices across the acquisitions and driving change to integrate acquisitions into the TELUS ecosystems
- Assessment of synergies across the portfolio to drive cost savings from a systems and resource perspective
Project Management and Business Requirements development
- Develop business requirements to ensure financial controls and data integrity are at the forefront of any new project
- Be extremely organized to ensure that deliverables for all the various projects are met within the agreed upon timelines
- Support migrations from acquisitions leveraging cross-functional relationships to ensure seamless transition
- Support UAT functions and work collaboratively with cross-functional teams across TELUS to ensure new projects are tested and functioning correctly from a financial perspective (reporting, financial data integrity, accuracy, etc.)
- Summarize and communicate project status, issues and recommendations to Senior Leaders in a manner that supports final approval for projects to go live into production
- Support the post close integration of new acquisitions and current processes, with a strong focus on alignment with FP&A goals and objectives
- Support ad-hoc projects, management reporting and programs across the broader Security/Consumer Health portfolio
- Act as a Trusted Advisor:
- Actively provide decision support to our internal stakeholders across finance, operations and marketing by understanding their business, the challenges, and opportunities
- Identify issues and provide innovative solutions
- Collaborate with partners to identify, develop, and implement process and internal control improvements with strong focus on automation
- Knowledge sharing/coaching/mentoring of other Finance team members
You're the missing piece of the puzzle
- Recognized for your 7 years or more of experience in financial planning and analysis
- Appreciated for your comfort and ease dealing with ambiguity and complex issues and concepts demonstrating your leadership, problem solving, negotiation, and analytical skills
- Respected for your result-driven mindset and ability to take initiative and ownership of issues and tasks through to resolution
- “Entrepreneurial” mentality, willingness to “roll up your sleeves” and step outside your sandbox when required, coupled with a positive attitude with a strong bias for action
- With post-secondary education in Accounting or Financial Management and a professional accounting designation: CPA
- Working knowledge of SAP and Hyperion Forecast system
- Understanding of IFRS policies (particularly IFRS 15 and 16)
- Experience with month-end close work, including journal entry preparation, account reconciliations and controls monitoring & remediation
- Project management and business process integration experience
Who is TELUS?
We're a high-performing team of individuals who collectively make TELUS one of the leading telecommunications companies in Canada. Our competitive consumer offerings include wireline, wireless, internet and Optik TV™. We also deliver a compelling range of products and services for small, medium and large businesses; and have carved out a leadership position in the health, energy, finance and public sector markets with innovative industry specific solutions.
Everyone belongs at TELUS. It doesn’t matter who you are, what you do or how you do it, at TELUS, your unique contribution and talents will be valued and respected. Because the more diverse perspectives we have the more likely we are to crack the code on what our customers want and our communities need.
Do you share our passion?
At TELUS, you create future friendly® possibilities.
At TELUS, we are committed to diversity and equitable access to employment opportunities based on ability.
Primary Location: CA-ON-Toronto
Other Locations: CA-QC-Montreal, CA-AB-Calgary, CA-BC-Vancouver, CA-AB-Edmonton
Your application has been successfully submitted.