Product Manager (Med Access EMR) - TELUS Health
Vancouver, BC, Canada Remote
Join Our Team
TELUS Health is committed to transforming health care in Canada. What part might you play?
We collectively need to find solutions that will benefit all Canadians to meet the challenge of unsustainably rising costs, long wait times and an increasingly aging population. Our journey to address Canada’s greatest social challenge of this generation, healthcare, will be challenging – but the chance to have an impact on all Canadians will be worth it!
This Product Management role is responsible for Med Access EMR (Electronic Medical Record) utilized by over 7,000 clinicians across Canada, and is focused on shaping and delivering product releases that meet market and client needs and grow our business.
Integrated with Med Access are many Value Added Solutions. We are on a journey to evolve and expand these solutions to meet the changing needs and aspirations of our market.
- Be plugged into market trends and business strategy and performance
- Understand client needs and workflows and the competitive landscape
- Assist Sr. Product Manager with defining the product roadmap and identifying priorities for the product in advance of the planning gate (Gate 1)
- Define business requirements for roadmap items to ensure scope of work meets business goals and the items are ready to handoff to Business Analysts (BA)
- For items included in a release, support the BAs to translate business requirements to functional specifications while ensuring business goals are met and scope is managed
- Assist BAs to ensure sprint teams understand requirements so that they can produce accurate estimates in advance of the commitment gate (Gate 2)
- Manage scope throughout the development life cycle to ensure both customer needs and release timelines are met
- Work with cross-functional teams to ensure operational readiness for each release of the product in advance of the beta gate (Gate 3)
- Support Product Specialist with Production Support, ensuring product KPIs related to churn, defect backlog and calls per customer (CPC) are met
- Manage priority issues (P1s and escalations) to ensure timely and appropriate action is taken
- Represent Product Management during ISO Audits and OMD and Infoway Conformance sessions
You may be the missing piece, if you:
- Have excellent product management skills, supported by proven track record of launching and maintaining complex products
- Have an ability to form and maintain effective cross-functional relationships
- Have an ability to define and communicate business, technical and operational requirements for software enhancements
- Like to work independently, in a fast-paced environment and adapt to changing priorities
- Are attentive to detail/quality, organized and capable of driving results on an end-to-end basis across multiple stakeholders and business units, and across national teams & multiple time-zones
- Have an understanding of the Health Privacy and Data Trust regulations to ensure compliance
- 4-7 years of equivalent experience in product and project management
Required Professional Designation/Certification:
- University Degree in Business Administration, Commerce, Finance, Engineering or a health related field
- Pragmatic Marketing Certification (or similar)
- Health care software experience
- Deep knowledge of Canadian health care system
Who is TELUS?
We're a high-performing team of individuals who collectively make TELUS one of the leading telecommunications companies in Canada. Our competitive consumer offerings include wireline, wireless, internet and Optik TV™. We also deliver a compelling range of products and services for small, medium and large businesses; and have carved out a leadership position in the health, energy, finance and public sector markets with innovative industry specific solutions.
Everyone belongs at TELUS. It doesn’t matter who you are, what you do or how you do it, at TELUS, your unique contribution and talents will be valued and respected. Because the more diverse perspectives we have the more likely we are to crack the code on what our customers want and our communities need.
Do you share our passion?
At TELUS, you create future friendly® possibilities.
At TELUS, we are committed to diversity and equitable access to employment opportunities based on ability.
Primary Location: CA-BC-Vancouver
Other Locations: CA-Alberta, CA-British Columbia, CA-Prince Edward Island, CA-Saskatchewan, CA-Newfoundland, CA-BC-Kelowna, CA-Nova Scotia
Your application has been successfully submitted.