Blog Editor & Strategist (Remote - US or Canada)
We’re looking for a blog editor and copywriter to oversee and manage the GitHub Blog, bringing consistency to the editorial strategy and voice. This role isn’t just sharing blog posts, but actively thinking about how to better help connect developers with all that’s happening across the community and within GitHub. Part strategy, part editor, this role requires the ability to think high-level and long-term about how to best share GitHub news with the community and also how to consistently capture the brand and voice across all our key announcements.
This person will join the Brand Communications, working in one of the most cross-functional roles at the company with teams like Corporate Marketing, Product Marketing, Education, PR, Policy, Product, and Engineering. Candidates should have a deep and first-hand experience with both writing original content and copy editing on topics like software development, open source, and technology products. Knowledge of the software development industry and open source as well as experience with blog strategy and SEO are musts. The team’s work is highly visible, so candidates should have experience working with executives and senior leadership, excellent communication and collaboration skills, high levels of empathy, be a multitasking and project management pro, and detail-focused editor eagle eyes.
- Manage day-to-day editorial calendar and blog pipeline
- Provide copy editing support for posts
- Develop top-level blog strategy with short and long term goals
- Work with SEO manager to build a blog SEO strategy
- Develop, regularly track, and optimize blog performance
- Oversee technical blog enhancements and development of a best-in-class communication platform
- Partner with subject matter experts across the company on launches and announcements
- Share results and learnings with the Content Strategy Team
- 5-7 years experience in editorial roles managing corporate blogs
- Experience writing and editing blog content
- Track record for building and scaling a corporate blog strategy
- Knowledge of the software development industry and experience writing for the developer community
- History of working with cross-functional stakeholders, executing strategies to deliver excellent solutions
- Ability to see top down and bottom up—can move seamlessly between high-level, strategic thinking and more nuanced, tactical lenses
- Demonstrated ability to deliver results in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
- Exceptional communication skills
- Experience working closely with executives and senior stakeholders
- Ability to be nimble, empathetic, and collaborative
- Demonstrated ability to work calmly and maintain good judgment in high-stress environments
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with strong editing abilities and attention to detail
- A portfolio of content written or edited for developer audiences
- Experience with WordPress and GitHub
Who We Are:
GitHub is the developer company. We make it easier for developers to be developers: to work together, to solve challenging problems, and to create the world’s most important technologies. We foster a collaborative community that can come together—as individuals and in teams—to create the future of software and make a difference in the world.
Customer Obsessed - Trust by Default - Ship to Learn - Own the Outcome - Growth Mindset - Global Product, Global Team - Anything is Possible - Practice Kindness
Why You Should Join:
At GitHub, we constantly strive to create an environment that allows our employees (Hubbers) to do the best work of their lives. We've designed one of the coolest workspaces in San Francisco (HQ), where many Hubbers work, snack, and create daily. The rest of our Hubbers work remotely around the globe. Check out an updated list of where we can hire here: https://github.com/about/careers/remote
We are also committed to keeping Hubbers healthy, motivated, focused and creative. We've designed our top-notch benefits program with these goals in mind. In a nutshell, we've built a place where we truly love working, we think you will too.
GitHub is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people of all walks of life. We don't discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there's any way we can make the interview process better for you; we're happy to accommodate!
Please note that benefits vary by country. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask your Talent Partner.
Your application has been successfully submitted.