Software Engineer - Payments
United States Remote
GitHub is changing the way the world builds software, and we want you to help build GitHub. We’re looking for an experienced software engineer to work on features and tooling in support of processing payments. You’ll work with our team of engineers, designers, and product managers to reduce friction in the process of paying for GitHub whether that be for a personal account or a large GitHub On Premise instance.
- Reading, writing, and reviewing application code
- Collaborating with Product teams to define and implement new features
- Integrating with various third party services
- Documenting the systems you help build
- Coordinating with engineering leadership to define and prioritize engineering projects
- Working with support to triage and debug support requests
- At least 3 years experience developing web applications with Ruby on Rails.
- Experience with Git and GitHub
- SQL and general database knowledge
- Experience with RESTful API design
- A background in refactoring large-scale systems
- Knowledge of billing processes and technologies is a plus
- Solid knowledge of testing principles
- Strong communication skills
Who We Are:
GitHub is the developer company. We make it easier for developers to be developers: to work together, to solve challenging problems, and to create the world’s most important technologies. We foster a collaborative community that can come together—as individuals and in teams—to create the future of software and make a difference in the world.
Customer Obsessed - Trust by Default - Ship to Learn - Own the Outcome - Growth Mindset - Global Product, Global Team - Anything is Possible - Practice Kindness
Why You Should Join:
At GitHub, we constantly strive to create an environment that allows our employees (Hubbers) to do the best work of their lives. We've designed one of the coolest workspaces in San Francisco (HQ), where many Hubbers work, snack, and create daily. The rest of our Hubbers work remotely around the globe. Check out an updated list of where we can hire here: https://github.com/about/careers/remote
We are also committed to keeping Hubbers healthy, motivated, focused and creative. We've designed our top-notch benefits program with these goals in mind. In a nutshell, we've built a place where we truly love working, we think you will too.
GitHub is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people of all walks of life. We don't discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there's any way we can make the interview process better for you; we're happy to accommodate!
Please note that benefits vary by country. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask your Talent Partner.
Your application has been successfully submitted.