Senior Director, Product Marketing, Azure Application Innovation
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Do you wonder what the next set of businesses and markets are that will drive cloud growth? Do you get excited thinking about how to win new customer segments and are energized by owning a diverse business portfolio including both incubation and unicorn businesses? You’ve come to the right role.
The Microsoft Azure Product Marketing organization drives business and market strategy, narrative and messaging, and comprehensive go-to-market across sales, partners, breadth communities and digital. Azure’s Digital & Application Innovation team is on a mission to help every developer and every organization to innovate with ease in the cloud.
This Senior Director role leads Azure’s efforts for multiple new application innovation growth markets. This is a senior leadership role reporting to the General Manager of this team. Your charter is to grow revenue, market share and mindshare for specific high-priority cloud application workloads.
• Lead and empower a diverse team of product marketers and directors for 3+ growth markets
• Dive deep into diverse markets and businesses in varying stages of maturity to define winning long-term business strategies and near-term go-to-market for each
• Lead your team to define differentiated, clear and customer-centric narrative, value props, positioning and messaging customized for each market
• Partner with finance, sales, business teams to define revenue targets and monetization models for each market
• Partner closely with engineering teams to shape differentiated product investments that drive innovation for our customers
• Define global sales focus areas related to this portfolio and work hand-in-hand with the global sales leadership to help every salesperson and channel partner beat their targets.
• Build your team’s credibility as thought-leaders sought out by industry experts and analysts
• Contribute to the overall Azure Application Innovation business strategy and growth as member of a senior marketing leadership team.
- Exemplify Microsoft’s core management (model, coach, care) and leadership (create clarity, generate energy, deliver success) principles in a highly matrixed environment
- Strong track record of fostering a collaborative, diverse, inclusive and transparent team culture with your own team and across your leadership team peers
- Growth mindset orientation and ability to take a 360 view when facing ambiguity to lead the team in making tough decisions
- 14+ years’ experience including 4+ years as a product marketing B2B leader
- Excellent written and verbal communication and storytelling skills (samples will be requested)
- BA/BS or equivalent
- Experience as a manager of managers
- Product marketing leadership background in cloud technology and interest in diving deep into technical products and audiences
- Diverse experience across large companies and high-growth startups preferred
- Prior experience in venture capital or business development can be a plus for this role
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
Benefits and Perks
- Industry leading healthcare
- Savings and investments
- Giving programs
- Educational resources
- Maternity and paternity leave
- Opportunities to network and connect
- Discounts on products and services
Your application has been successfully submitted.
We're on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more.