Director, Product Marketing, Azure Cloud-native Applications
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Do you get excited about how the world is moving into the digital space faster than ever before? Are you passionate about modern hybrid application development driven by cloud-native and open source technologies like containers/Kubernetes, microservices, serverless architectures and CI/CD? If so this is the role for you.
The Microsoft Azure Product Marketing organization drives business and market strategy, narrative and messaging, and comprehensive go-to-market across sales, partners, breadth communities and digital. Azure’s Digital & Application Innovation team is on a mission to help every developer and every organization to innovate with ease in the cloud.
This Director role leads Azure’s market strategy and GTM (go-to-market) for our cloud-native product portfolio, including Azure Kubernetes Service, Azure Functions, Azure RedHat OpenShift and related new innovations. Your charter is to help developers build with cloud-native technologies and to be an innovation partner for decision-makers. Your results will be accelerated revenue, market share and mindshare for your product portfolio.
• Build and lead a diverse team of technical product marketers and manage a significant marketing budget
• Define a business strategy shaped by “voice of the customer” for cloud-native on Azure
• Drive awareness and accelerate adoption of your product portfolio with differentiated, clear and customer-centric narrative, value props and positioning/messaging
• Partner closely with engineering teams to shape differentiated product investments and roadmaps that drive innovation for our customers
• Partner with finance, sales, business teams to define market sizing, revenue targets and monetization models
• Partner with integrated marketing experts to define and implement thought-leadership and content marketing programs
• Define global sales focus areas related to this portfolio and work hand-in-hand with the global sales leadership to help every salesperson and channel partner beat their targets.
• Build Microsoft’s and Azure’s cloud-native narrative and evangelize this with analysts/influencers
• Contribute to the overall Azure Application Innovation business strategy and growth as member of a senior marketing leadership team.
- Exemplify Microsoft’s core management (model, coach, care) and leadership (create clarity, generate energy, deliver success) principles in a highly matrixed environment
- Strong track record of fostering a collaborative, diverse, inclusive and transparent team culture with your own team and across your leadership team peers
- Growth mindset orientation and ability to take a 360 view when facing ambiguity to lead the team in making tough decisions
- Product marketing background in cloud technology and interest in diving deep into technical products and audiences
- 8+ years’ experience in relevant experience
- 2+ years in product marketing
- 2+ years’ experience as a people manager
- Excellent written and verbal communication and storytelling skills (samples will be requested)
- BA/BS or equivalent
- Experience or training in cloud-native technologies a plus
- Experience managing Product Marketers
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
Benefits and Perks
- Industry leading healthcare
- Savings and investments
- Giving programs
- Educational resources
- Maternity and paternity leave
- Opportunities to network and connect
- Discounts on products and services
- Generous time away
Your application has been successfully submitted.
We're on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more.