Sr. Business Planner, Licensing
This job is no longer accepting applications.
If you have passion around business model innovation, cloud technologies and digital transformation, come join our team! The Business Planning and Commercial Licensing team owns business model and monetization strategies for Microsoft’s entire Commercial portfolio, including Azure, Business Applications, M365, Windows, Data and AI services.
Our ideal candidate is a strategic thinker and problem solver to drive business model and pricing innovations within the Dynamics 365 portfolio. In addition, we are looking for excellent communication and hands-on project management skills as this role will also be responsible for managing the Licensing Readiness process, including content ownership and publication, as well as optimizing and standardizing the process for guidelines and licensing support.
In this role, you’ll work closely with key partners including engineering, finance, product marketing, and business development to ensure that we’re creating shareholder value and optimal business models with pricing and packaging. The role will encompass creating business models for new product innovations, developing proposals for partnership offerings, as well as cross-portfolio strategic projects to generate the best outcome and impact for Microsoft.
As a Senior Business Planner you’ll be responsible for:
• Managing Licensing Readiness process and publications of licensing content and communications
• Driving monetization strategy within the Dynamics 365 portfolio for Project and Project Operations
• Implementing and optimizing competitive business models and pricing
• Developing market and customer insights to formulate business model recommendations
• Leading cross-functional teams including engineering, product marketing, operations and finance
Aptitude and passion for both strategy formulation and program execution are key. Additionally, the ideal candidate will have:
• A minimum of five years in product management, finance and/or consulting
• Bachelor’s degree required, MBA or equivalent experience preferred
• Excellent skills in communication, leadership and project management to drive results
• Strong analytical skills and business acumen to support data and customer driven decisions
• Ability to influence and obtain executive buy-in in a complex technical and business environment
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
Benefits and Perks
- Industry leading healthcare
- Savings and investments
- Giving programs
- Educational resources
- Maternity and paternity leave
- Opportunities to network and connect
- Discounts on products and services
- Generous time away
Your application has been successfully submitted.
We're on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more.