Sr. Director - Business Planning
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Microsoft’s Business Planning organization directs our commercial portfolio’s pricing, packaging, licensing, channel, and monetization strategies. Few teams exist that have a more direct impact on Microsoft and the entire industry. Within Business Planning, the New Commerce and Commercial Strategy team is responsible for leading our deal making, channel/partner, hybrid framework, and commerce experiences/GTM strategies.
As a Senior Director, you will have the opportunity to lead a team of high-performing business planners who envision and develop strategies and business models with a focus on how to deliver customer experiences making it easier to try, buy, manage and grow their consumption of Microsoft Clouds spanning M365, D365 and Azure. You will own how we translate business needs from across Microsoft’s entire commercial product portfolio into use rights, lead digital transformation strategy as we transition to a new commerce platform and drive executive alignment of cross-Microsoft business priorities for commerce engineering.
How you can make an impact:
- Attract, retain, and grow business planners as a senior leader and manager.
- Articulate the vision for simplified and standardized purchasing and consumption experiences and develop a roadmap of key milestones.
- Build business cases to influence strategic decision making on business models, platform, and purchasing experiences
- Coach your team to develop business capabilities to enact strategy; turn business problems into thoughtful business requirements and oversee execution/development.
- Identify synergies and opportunities to bring together prioritization, problem solving through product licensing, and high-complexity launches for deeper business-model partnership and optimized engagement.
- Work with senior executives and their organizations to foster cross-discipline collaboration, alignment, and One-Microsoft business outcomes.
- Create concise and impactful presentations and targeted communications as required to drive new strategies.
- Contribute to cultural health across the organization in the areas of trust, inclusion, and diversity.
What we will do for you:
- Champion and sponsor your success and career goals at every level of our leadership.
- Provide you with the opportunity to drive material impact to Microsoft, our customers, and partners.
- Help you balance priorities within the job and relative to your desired work life balance goals.
- Provide consistent opportunities to gain new experiences, learn, grow, and advance your career journey.
- Support who you are as your authentic self and help balance priorities relative to your desired work-life balance.
- Empower you to identify additional areas of work and chart your own path!
- Provide an inclusive environment where trust and shared perspectives are rewarded.
- 10+ years of experience spanning strategy, pricing, engineering or equivalent practical or functional experience
- 5+ years of people management experience with a focus on coaching and growth of team members
- Understanding and experience working in commercial cloud businesses, either in the industry or at Microsoft
- Experience in engineering or working with engineering teams to define requirements and solve problems
- Demonstrated executive communication, presentation and strategy alignment experience
- Demonstrated quantitative and data analysis skills
- Successful history of driving strategy changes and results
- Successful history of planning for the execution and landing of complex strategies
- Ability to excel in ambiguous environments and driving cross-functional teams
- Strong attention to detail
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
Benefits and Perks
- Industry leading healthcare
- Savings and investments
- Giving programs
- Educational resources
- Maternity and paternity leave
- Opportunities to network and connect
- Discounts on products and services
- Generous time away
Your application has been successfully submitted.
We're on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more.