Product Marketing Manager - Content Marketer
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Storytelling chameleons, welcome to your new home with Microsoft Edge Commercial! If you revel in the craftsmanship of storytelling and you’re exhilarated by variety in storytelling forms, this is the role you’re looking for.
The story that we’re telling is that of a challenger in the marketplace, the redesigned Microsoft Edge based on the Chromium open source project. We’re seeking to change perceptions with commercial customers, specifically IT Professionals. Customers who have adopted today’s Microsoft Edge are already loving it and our team’s mission is to find creative ways to amplify that story and inspire customers with what’s possible.
This role is for an IT Pro content marketer who has a love for the commercial audience and empathizes with the daily demands of the IT admin. You are the kind of person who believes that there is room for evoking emotion, even with a “corporate” audience. You are an exceptional communicator, with a proven track record in written copy and especially visual storytelling—even a screenshot can be an art form to you. You are also a natural project manager. You relish creating order out of complexity, working across the team to drive on time delivery of content end-to-end, from brief to localization for international markets, across multiple workstreams at a time. In sum, you thrive as a content marketer.
From a work perspective, our team believes that “home” is where your authentic voice will be heard. Our team, the Commercial Edge Go-To-Market team, developed our values together, choosing to be courageous, creative and connected, as a team.
Courageous: we speak up to do the right thing, even when it’s hard.
Creative: we love the creative process, bringing in the brainstorm power of the group, to build on each other’s ideas with “yes, and…”.
Connected: we are open to lean on each other, ask for help, and support each other.
We believe in the brain trust and innovation of a diverse team. If this kind of brave space speaks to you, we want to hear from you.
- Own the message of commercial Edge for IT Pros
- Responsible for the end-to-end life of content for IT Pro: from story development to localization to measuring usage
- Develop compelling storytelling content to address the IT Pro audience
- Collaborate with other teams to develop appropriate content and land in a variety of channels
- Deliver content in a variety of media (pitch decks, blogs, social, screenshots, short and long form video)
- Creative in thinking of new ways and mechanisms of delivering content to IT Pros
- Discover customer insights, either through sponsoring research or collaborating with teams on telemetry and other data
- Measure for utilization and take feedback to continuously improve for audience/channel
- 3+ years of product marketing experience
- 3+ years of experience storytelling in a product marketing, agency, or journalism setting
- Comfortable with technical product details
- Bachelor’s degree (BS/BA) is required
- Fluent in visual storytelling (e.g. slide creation, video production, screenshot creation)
- Samples of content developed (written and visual, and strategic thinking behind content) expected
- Understand IT Pro audience & deployment challenges
- Experience with M365 business at Microsoft is helpful
- Digital marketing experience is a plus
- Prior experience managing projects with multiple workstreams
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
Benefits and Perks
- Industry leading healthcare
- Savings and investments
- Giving programs
- Educational resources
- Maternity and paternity leave
- Opportunities to network and connect
- Discounts on products and services
- Generous time away
Your application has been successfully submitted.
We're on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more.