This job is no longer accepting applications.
Uber is changing the way people think about transportation. Not that long ago, we were just an app to request premium black cars in a few metropolitan areas. Now we're a part of the logistical fabric of cities everywhere. Whether it's a ride, a sandwich, or a package, we use technology to give people what they want, when they want it.
We're looking for an Engineering Manager to join our team in Toronto to help UberEats build a new ads business that enables eaters to discover new foods, and restaurants to grow their customer base. You'll lead and work with teams behind apps used by millions globally every day and be a part of the technical foundations of this new product, built at Uber Canada's new development center. In hundreds of cities, people tap their phones to get a ride, get food delivered, or earn extra cash with Uber; we're looking for engineering leaders to help us ensure every one of those experiences is magical.
- lead, manage and grow a team of customer-focused software engineers
- mentor and guide the professional and technical development of engineers on your team, and continuously improve software engineering practices
- own the craftsmanship, reliability, and scalability of your solutions
- bring a passion to stay on top of industry trends, experiment with and learn new technologies, and participate in internal and external technical communities
- encourage innovation, implementation of ground breaking technologies, outside-of-the-box thinking, teamwork, and self-organization
- hire top performing engineering talent and maintaining our dedication to diversity and inclusion
- collaborate with and across teams to design, build, and ship great experiences for our customers
- collaborative and work well with, while contributing to, a team
- an owner, taking a personal stake in the success of the product and the team
- invested in your work and have a strong sense of engineering craftsmanship
- focused on the customer and the details that make their experience amazing
- practical, making the best use of time and resources to find the simplest solution that works
- current in relevant technologies and know how to implement them effectively
- naturally curious and have a burning desire to learn
- motivated, always looking for ways to contribute, and know how to ship code
Bonus points if you:
- have a BS or advanced degree in Computer Science or a related field
- have experience with multiple technology stacks
- contribute to the wider software community
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
We ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion