Software Engineer, Self-Driving Simulator
Toronto, ON, Canada
Here at Uber's Advanced Technologies Group (ATG), we are on a mission to bring safe, reliable self-driving transportation to everyone, everywhere. We are building technologies that will transform the way the world moves. Our teams in Pittsburgh, San Francisco, Toronto, and Boulder are dedicated to mapping, software and hardware development, vehicle safety, and operations for self-driving technology. We are passionate about developing a self-driving system that will one day move people and things around more safely, efficiently, and cost effectively.
At Uber, we believe technology has the power to make transportation more efficient, accessible, and safer than ever before. Self-driving technology has the potential to make these benefits an everyday reality for our customers, but it's not going to happen overnight. Building best-in-class self-driving technology will take time, and safety is our priority every step of the way. Operating inclusively and transparently, while displaying responsible behavior in a structured development are critical to safety. We at ATG seek candidates who will role model these values.
Our Research team is a group of diverse researchers, engineers, and computer scientists working to develop perception algorithms for self-driving vehicles. Reliability and scalability are key drivers for us as our software must perform across a large fleet of vehicles in complex and diverse operating areas.
About the Role
Uber ATG is building cutting edge algorithms for self-driving vehicles. As a Software Engineer, Self-Driving Simulator, you will be building a research focused, end to end simulator, enabling research to prototype innovative algorithms, and iterate on them rapidly. As part of the simulator team, you will find opportunities to get involved in a wide range of fields, from high definition maps processing, through sensor data manipulation, to neural networks for self-driving.
What You'll Do
- Collaborate with researchers and engineers on incorporation of cutting edge algorithms into the simulator stack
- Contribute to the design and implementation of a modular, flexible self-driving vehicle simulation system
- Support research efforts through contribution to the design and implementation of tools and frameworks for data retrieval, asset management, visualization, and more
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Science or Computer Engineering or equivalent experience
- Professional experience using Python
- Experience working in an agile software development environment (scrum, kanban, or scrumban)
- Professional experience using C++
- Basics of working with containers and container based infrastructure
- Worked with either PyTorch or TensorFlow
- Interested in building robust and unique software solutions that enable fast integration and prototyping of neural networks, in a self-driving simulator
- Experience diving into large, complicated code bases with multiple dependencies.
- Ability to clearly communicate, gather requirements, collect feedback, present updates, ask tough questions.
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.
Your application has been successfully submitted.