Software Engineer II (Backend) - Advanced Matching Platform
This job is no longer accepting applications.
About the Role
Uber is hiring a backend engineer in our Toronto tech office to build out a new platform for in-advanced matching of riders and drivers to power all of Uber's reservation-based products globally. The platform matches future reservations with the optimal driver to maximize reliability and driver flexibility, while simultaneously improving the overall efficiency of the Uber Marketplace.
As a Software Engineer on the Advanced Matching team, you'll be building systems at scale with cutting-edge technology as part of a diverse cross-functional team of engineers, data scientists, and product managers.
What You'll Do
- Collaborate with a diverse team to design, build, and ship great experiences for our customers
- Lead the craftsmanship, reliability, and scalability of your solutions
- Bring a passion to stay on top of industry trends, experiment with and learn new technologies, and participate in internal and external technology communities
- Technically strong, with 3+ years of experience developing and shipping code for production systems
- Collaborative and work well with, and contribute to, a team
- An owner, taking a personal stake in the success of the product and the team
- Proud of the code you write and have a strong sense of engineering craftsmanship
- Focused on the customer and the details that make their experience amazing
- Practical, making the best use of time and resources to find the simplest solution that works
- Current in relevant technologies and know how to implement them effectively
- Naturally curious and have a burning desire to learn
- Motivated, always looking for ways to contribute, and know how to ship code
- Have a BS or advanced degree in Computer Science or a related field
- Have experience with multiple technology stacks
- Experience in working on large-scale distributed systems
- Contribute to the wider software community through open source
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have a curiosity, passion and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
We ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion