iOS Software Engineer
This job is no longer accepting applications.
About the Role
Uber is changing the way people think about transportation. Not that long ago, we were just an app to request premium black cars in a few metropolitan areas. Now we're a part of the logistical fabric of cities everywhere. Whether it's a ride, a sandwich, or a package, we use technology to give people what they want, when they want it.
As an iOS engineer on our team in Toronto, you'll help UberEats build a new ads business that enables eaters to discover new foods, and restaurants to grow their customer base. You'll be a part of the technical foundations of this new product, built from the ground up, here in Toronto. In hundreds of cities, people tap their phones to get a ride, get food delivered, or earn extra cash with Uber; we're looking for talented engineers to make sure every one of those experiences is magical.
What the Candidate Will Need / Bonus Points
What You'll Need
- Experience with writing, releasing, maintaining mobile code
- Strong expertise in Swift and Objective-C
- Strong architectural principles for mobile apps
- Experience analyzing a feature in production using analytics and experiments
- Strong focus on high-quality mobile UI experiences
- Experience efficiently collaborating on projects
- Deep understanding of the iOS SDK
Bonus points if
- BS/MS/PhD in Computer Science or a related field
- Experience with other programming languages
- Contribution to the wider iOS community via open source projects
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
We ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion