Software Engineer, Reliability
This job is no longer accepting applications.
At Lyft, our mission is to improve people’s lives with the world’s best transportation. To do this, we start with our own community by creating an open, inclusive, and diverse organization.
Lyft’s Bikes & Scooters team is developing the future of micro-mobility and we are looking for a solid, experienced Reliability Software Engineer to join our Stations Software Platform team to work on helping us transition our customers to our latest generation platform and to make the platform evolve in a solution that can be brought to multiple different markets and business models.
Technical interviews and interactions with the other offices in the company will be in English; however, the working environment in Montreal is bilingual.
- Help define the infrastructure’s roadmap and architecture based on technology and business needs
- Write well-crafted, well-tested, readable, maintainable code/scripts and configurations
- Have a good grasp and ability to explain the various tradeoffs made in decisions
- Participate in code reviews to ensure code quality and distribute knowledge
- Lead projects from idea to positive execution
- Analyze our internal systems and processes and locate areas for improvement/automation
- Incorporate considerations for business context, failure modes, monitoring, compliance and security in your work
- Proactively participate in resolving ongoing incidents
- Unblock, support, effectively communicate and obtain buy-in across teams to achieve results
- Share your knowledge by giving brown bags, tech talks, and evangelizing appropriate tech and engineering best practices
- BSc/MSc in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, related field or relevant work experience
- 5+ years of software engineering/production infrastructure industry experience
- Experience designing, debugging and running fault-tolerant, highly available, large-scale distributed systems
- Experience working with public cloud platforms (e.g., AWS, GCP, Microsoft Azure, etc.)
- Proficiency in scripting languages to use APIs to automate manual processes
- Experience with common CI tools (Jenkins, Buildkite, CircleCI, TeamCity), and proficiency in at least one of those tools
- Experience working with databases, relational or NoSQL
- Linux sysadmin experience, or familiarity with managing a fleet of Linux computers
- Must have a track record of professional excellence
- Must be fluent in spoken and written English and have a working proficiency in French
- Extended health and dental coverage options, along with life insurance and disability benefits
- Mental health benefits
- Access to a Health Care Savings Account
- In addition to provincial observed holidays, team members get 15 days paid time off, with an additional day for each year of service
- 4 Floating Holidays each calendar year prorated based off of date of hire
- 10 paid sick days per year regardless of province
- 18 weeks of paid parental leave. Biological, adoptive, and foster parents are all eligible
Lyft proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. Lyft believes that every person has a right to equal employment opportunities without discrimination because of race, ancestry, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, citizenship, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, family status, disability, pardoned record of offences, or any other basis protected by applicable law or by Company policy. Lyft also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind. Accommodation for persons with disabilities will be provided upon request in accordance with applicable law during the application and hiring process. Please contact your recruiter now if you wish to make such a request.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
At Lyft, our mission is to improve people’s lives with the world’s best transportation. To do this, we start with our own community by creating an ope...