Senior Software Developer, Android - Montréal
This job is no longer accepting applications.
At Lyft, our mission is to improve people’s lives with the world’s best transportation. To do this, we start with our own community by creating an open, inclusive, and diverse organization..
You're an enthusiastic app developer looking to take your skills to the next level by joining our Android team. We build apps used by millions of people, and we take great pride in our work. This means excellent development practices, careful code architecture, and an organization built around rapid releases. Within the teams, backlog grooming, planning meetings, daily stand-ups, demos and retrospectives keep us agile, and accountable. Continuous integration with automated testing allows us to run a bi-weekly release train. Our beta release process gives us useful insight into user behavior and heavy use of analytics, A/B testing and feature flagging allows for rapid iteration. With a focus on delightful user experiences, we balance building new features, refactoring code, and tweaking existing features based on analytics data. Every line of code gets reviewed by other developers, every pixel inspected by designers, and every feature hammered on by manual and automated QA. As a Senior Software Developer, you will lead engineers or a focus area through major process, product, or architectural changes to drive large net impact, while being a key contributor to their successful development.
- Assist in creating long term technical or product roadmap for multiple teams to deliver long term initiatives
- Clear owner for a major system or product, and contributes to defining their future direction
- Collaborate with Product, Design and Science teams to define, design, and ship exciting features
- Supervises major product changes and redesigns through careful experimentation and rollout
- Designs architecture with an eye for testability, scalability, and supportability
- Continuously discover, evaluate, and implement new technologies to maximize development efficiency
- Minimum of 6 years of experience as an Android developer
- Advanced knowledge of Java or Kotlin
- Experience leading initiatives involving several teams, in a cross-functional environment
- Experience using design and architecture patterns
- Good sense of usability and product
- Experience working with remote data via REST/JSON or gRPC
- Experience pursuing side projects or open source projects
- Experience integrating third-party libraries and APIs
- Shipped Android apps, available on Google Play
- Extended health and dental coverage options, along with life insurance and disability benefits
- Mental health benefits
- Access to a Health Care Savings Account
- In addition to provincial observed holidays, team members get 15 days paid time off, with an additional day for each year of service
- 4 Floating Holidays each calendar year prorated based off of date of hire
- 10 paid sick days per year regardless of province
- 18 weeks of paid parental leave. Biological, adoptive, and foster parents are all eligible
Lyft proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. Lyft believes that every person has a right to equal employment opportunities without discrimination because of race, ancestry, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, citizenship, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, family status, disability, pardoned record of offences, or any other basis protected by applicable law or by Company policy. Lyft also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind. Accommodation for persons with disabilities will be provided upon request in accordance with applicable law during the application and hiring process. Please contact your recruiter now if you wish to make such a request.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
At Lyft, our mission is to improve people’s lives with the world’s best transportation. To do this, we start with our own community by creating an ope...