Vancouver, BC, Canada
At Lyft, our mission is to improve people’s lives with the world’s best transportation. To do this, we start with our own community by creating an open, inclusive, and diverse organization.
Lyft is looking for a motivated and organized Community Associate to join our Vancouver team, full-time. In this role, you will be the face of Lyft, meeting with applicants and current drivers at our local facilities and preparing them for the exciting road ahead. This position will report into the Operations Lead. If you consider yourself a self-starter, can find comfort in ambiguity, and don’t shy away from solving problems, you just passed the first test! If you love working with people, and the thought of helping Lyft continue to build this incredible ride-sharing movement in Vancouver (and across Canada) sounds exciting, we would love to meet you!
- Guide drivers through the onboarding process
- Support applicants and drivers with your knowledge of the Lyft platform and Vancouver’s local market nuances
- Perform pre and post applicant outreach to get drivers approved and on the road
- Work with current drivers to solve any issues that they may have
- Work on various special projects - managing their moving parts, timelines, and stakeholders - as dictated by unique business needs in an emerging market
- Uphold Lyft’s high standard of service while working with all drivers and representing the Lyft brand both on and off the clock
- Work in multiple service offices around the lower mainland
- Be the kind of person that doesn’t say ‘that’s not my job’
- Work a flexible schedule: this is a full-time role that requires availability on evenings and weekends
- 1+ year of experience in an in-person customer service role such as in retail, technical support or hospitality
- Knowledge of the for-hire vehicle industry
- Familiarity with the greater Vancouver area
- Impeccable customer service and problem-solving skills
- Excellent, clear verbal and written communication skills
- What should come easy to you: patience, problem identifying and solving, de-escalating situations, teamwork, and self-governance
- Team Player Mentality: We are all about THE TEAM, since we all know there is no “I” in TEAM
- Bonus points if you love ride-sharing so much that you're a Lyft driver too!
- Proficiency in multiple languages is considered a plus!
- Extended health and dental coverage options, along with life insurance and disability benefits
- Mental health benefits
- Access to a Health Care Savings Account
- In addition to provincial observed holidays, team members get 15 days paid time off, with an additional day for each year of service
- 4 Floating Holidays each calendar year prorated based off of date of hire
- 10 paid sick days per year regardless of province
- 18 weeks of paid parental leave. Biological, adoptive, and foster parents are all eligible
Lyft proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. Lyft believes that every person has a right to equal employment opportunities without discrimination because of race, ancestry, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, citizenship, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, family status, disability, pardoned record of offences, or any other basis protected by applicable law or by Company policy. Lyft also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind. Accommodation for persons with disabilities will be provided upon request in accordance with applicable law during the application and hiring process. Please contact your recruiter now if you wish to make such a request.
Your application has been successfully submitted.