Senior Lead Merchant Support - Canada West
This job is no longer accepting applications.
About the role
Who are we? We’re Shopify - the leading cloud-based, multi-channel commerce platform. We build products for business owners to design, set up, and manage their stores across multiple sales channels, including web, brick-and-mortar locations, and pop-up shops. Shopify currently powers over 1 million businesses in approximately 175 countries and we’re still growing. It’s a very exciting time to join our team!
In the Shopify Support organization, our product is people. This includes our merchants, our team, and the success of the entire company we work for. We help people make money. Our support team empowers entrepreneurs around the world through conversations. We believe that human conversations help people make lifelong connections to our company. Every interaction with our merchants is an opportunity to do more than answer questions; we create memorable experiences by adding value to their businesses. As a Senior Lead you would be responsible for a group of Support Team Leads, and indirectly responsible for a team of Support Advisors.
The ideal candidate is a senior leader who is excellent at coaching and managing a large team, with a broad scope of a 300+ person team, comfortable with ambiguity, and an effective contributor to team operations and success. Ultimately, all your work as a Senior Lead will drive merchant satisfaction, merchant value and an increasingly successful experience for anyone who contacts Shopify Support while maintaining and fostering Advisor engagement. This job demands a high level of collaboration with Support Leadership and many teams across the company.
- Coach Support Leads on leadership qualities, helping them improve their team's performance while overseeing the performance management process.
- Oversee and drive the leadership development of all leads in your region.
- Work closely in executing any value creation or effort reduction initiative for our merchants or Shopify.
- Be curious when looking into performance opportunities and identifying areas of focus for your team or other support departments .
- Responsible for the merchant experience and regional results for your teams Value and Productivity KPIs.
- Analyze and present performance data pertaining to Support and your region.
- Work with the Advisor Leadership team to manage and contribute to the rollout of new initiatives with the Advisor team. This includes, but is not limited to, drafting comms, considering stakeholders and change management.
- Work alongside Support Operations, QA, Workforce Planning, Technical Support, Knowledge Management, Training and Talent Teams.
Requirements for the role:
- You’re a seasoned leader of leaders and love to be a coach and a manager. You help instil confidence in your leaders and are invested in their growth.
- A 5-star communicator and collaborator. A Senior Lead needs to build and maintain connections with the people who directly and indirectly report to them as well as their peers and support stakeholders
- Ability to translate Shopify’s amazing culture into action and results.
- Expert eye for prioritization. There are only so many hours in a day and you’re able to identify the best use of that time.
- You sit comfortably in ambiguity and know how to be effective in building teams in this environment.
- You love to identify opportunities and build new things and champion ideas from conception to execution.
- Highly strategic. You are able to connect the dots and discover root causes for any problems your team may face as well as demonstrate creative thinking and problem solving skills. You are always considering your stakeholders when new topics arise and processes implemented. You are able to effectively translate strategic ideas into action.
- You're well versed in what it takes to drive a successful customer support organization, either in house, or as part of a call centre
- You've experienced coaching and building teams in a virtual environment
- You've led a virtual customer support team
If you are excited about this opportunity, click on "Apply for this job". Along with your resume, send along a cover letter telling us a bit about why this is the opportunity for you. Tell us a bit about why you'd love to work for Shopify in this capacity, and what you'd be bringing to our Support Leadership.
Closing Date: October 20, 2020 @ 12pm PST
We aim to reply to all applications within one week of the posted closing date.
At Shopify, we are committed to building and fostering an environment where our employees feel included, valued, and heard. Our belief is that a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion enables us to truly make commerce better for everyone. We strongly encourage applications from Indigenous people, racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities and/or people with intersectional identities.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Making commerce better for everyone - remotely 💚