Toronto, ON, Canada
Drop is a rewards company on a mission to level-up the way consumers shop. Drop builds a personalized rewards experience from over 500 partner brands. To date, Drop has 4 million users and has rewarded over $20 million to consumers.
Headquartered in Toronto, with an office in New York, Drop is backed by world-class investors including NEA, HOF, Royal Bank of Canada, Sierra Ventures, and White Star Capital.
Visit joindrop.com or follow the company at @joindrop on Twitter and Instagram.
- We are looking for an Intermediate Frontend Engineer to join our team. As a Frontend Engineer at Drop, you’ll be responsible for developing, deploying and supporting impactful product features used every day by our growing user base. You will also be a pioneering member of common infrastructure initiatives like adopting new coding patterns, exploring tooling improvements and further developing the Drop Design System.
What kinds of challenges will the Frontend Engineer be working on at Drop?
- Building reusable components for our React Native consumer app
- Providing input during feature planning sessions, throughout development, during and after shipping features (end-to-end ownership of features)
- Working closely with other Frontend Engineers and the Backend Team on architecting scalable, performant features for end-users
- Communicating across teams with various stakeholders while developing features
- Exploring and implementing various tooling and process improvements worth adopting
- Exploring and implementing any opportunities for refactoring code to be more performant and/or maintainable
- Participating in rotating common duties like bug fixing, release cycles, on-call rotations etc
What you bring to the table.
- You have a high bar for code quality and maintainability, and write performant, clean code using engineering best practices
- You have strong communication skills and are focused on solving the problem at hand
- You have a strong interest in learning and growth
- You have a strong product mindset, and care deeply about how end-users interact with features
- Bonus points if:
- You’ve worked on a consumer-facing app beforeYou thrive in a fast-paced environment
- You have relevant post-secondary education - traditional or non-traditional (degree, bootcamp etc), or equivalent work experience. Startup experience is a bonus. Drop welcomes individuals from all backgrounds and recognizes the value of diversity
- You’re passionate about the consumer loyalty / fintech space, and have an interest in making users’ lives better and more rewarding
- Lifestyle Spending Accounts and Health Spending Accounts + drug, dental, travel, and group insurance coverage
- Flexible vacation + a work-anywhere-in-the-world program
- Parental leave benefits
- Stock options
Don't have Drop yet?
Check us out in the Google Play or App store
Follow the Link below and use Code: "Candidates" to get a 5k welcome bonus on us! Happy saving Friends!
At Drop, we're committed to providing an enjoyable and meaningful environment for every member of our team. We operate under a flat structure with minimal hierarchy where everyone’s opinion is valued equally. We are looking for team members with an entrepreneurial mindset who will thrive in a fast-paced and rewarding environment.
Drop Technologies, Inc. is proud to be a diverse and equal opportunity employer and as such does not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, religion, sex, national origins, age, sexual orientation, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws. Selection decisions are solely based on job-related factors.
Your application has been successfully submitted.