Senior Software Engineer, Tableau CRM Data Store
Vancouver, BC, Canada
What you’ll be doing...
Einstein Analytics, recently rebranded as Tableau CRM, is the best-in-breed analytics for the CRM market. Within the Data Platform, our team is responsible for building the unified Salesforce Analytics Data store that will:
- Support customers to access Salesforce data for self-serve query exploration, dashboards, and machine learning.
- Built-in low-latency, reliable, scalable data pipelines from Salesforce properties.
- Have a suite of data connectors to ingest external data and write out data.
- “Live” data access for data that doesn’t want to move.
- Include powerful, but easy to use tools to filter, aggregate, shape and model data.
- Optimized for Salesforce for connectivity, sharing, collaboration, and enterprise config.
- Design so that it will have a rich ecosystem of ISVs, system integrators and apps.
- Primary mission is to create (design and build) a unified Salesforce Analytics Data store with Tableau as first class citizen that is easy to connect (SQL), scalable and enterprise ready with all Salesforce security and governance
- The datastore can consume any data including bulk, structured and semi-structured, can process data from anywhere and automatically stores metadata on the data and query
- Dynamic scalability - dynamic queries, usage based virtual warehouse and unlimited access for BI tools
- Data federation - query from multiple sources, SQL compliant and dynamic query scaling
Who you are...
Experienced. You have 5-7 years of relevant professional experience You have deep knowledge of object oriented programming and experience with at least one object oriented programming language preferably Java. Bachelor’s degree in Computer Sciences or equivalent field. You have experience owning and operating multiple instances of mission-critical infrastructure services. Experience designing, developing, debugging, and operating resilient distributed systems.
Technical. you have a solid knowledge of database / big data / distributed technologies. You have experience using telemetry and metrics to drive operational excellence. You have experience with building data storage/data management systems would be ideal.
Passionate. You have a passion for design patterns, data structures, algorithms, and concurrency, and have experience working with them.
Relentlessly High Standards. You understand what it takes to write software that is used by thousands or millions of people. You love writing things that are robust, scalable, and perform well. You thrill in your accomplishments but also know it's about doing and improving.
A True Team Player. You enjoy collaborating, learning from and teaching others so we can all become better developers. You assume good intent in others, and actively do your part to make a positive work environment.
You are a Recruiter! Tableau hires company builders and, in this role, you will be asked to be on the constant lookout for the best talent to bring onboard to help us continue to build one of the best companies in the world!
Your application has been successfully submitted.