Entry-Level Associate [Co-op Jan-April 2021]
This job is no longer accepting applications.
We’re a committed and talented group of diverse people working hard to solve a real, universal problem for millions of entrepreneurs: businesses need to understand their financial performance, but for many smaller ones, this means a trade-off between doing their books and running their businesses. Bench solves this dilemma by taking bookkeeping off of their hands. We’ve paired smart humans with incredibly powerful software to develop the fastest, most efficient bookkeeping service in history. This lets us provide monthly and yearly financials at an incredibly accessible price, giving business owners the time, confidence, and knowledge they need to be successful.
Bench is growing fast. Recently, we’ve onboarded our 9000th client and our 500th employee. We have a clear, funded path to profitability, and a roadmap that we believe will rapidly accelerate the trajectory of our business. We’re looking for the brightest minds who love solving tough problems to join us on this incredible journey, in pursuit of bringing financial mastery to our clients.
What you’ll be getting up to:
At Bench, we really believe that people are everything, and our Associates play one of the most pivotal roles; providing the right mix of elegant and intelligent client assistance, and delivering bookkeeping for small businesses using our revolutionary software and app. Our Associates are directly responsible for helping our clients survive and thrive through monthly and historical bookkeeping. This is important now, more than ever.
You’ll maintain relationships with small business owners from various professional backgrounds and industries, both on the phone and through our proprietary bookkeeping platform. With or without an accounting background, we’ll provide you with all the tools and training you’ll need to be a highly successful Associate.
A highly successful Associate looks something like this:
- Excited by numbers, simple math, or problem-solving, and are content with repeat, detailed work
- Articulate, your phone and written presence conveys confidence and charm
- Excited to build a global success story with us. Working for a start-up requires flexibility and resilience
- People-centered approach: you understand that people are everything. You’re collaborative, optimistic and you listen to understand, demonstrating kindness and empathy in all interactions.
- A drive to make things better: You’re not satisfied with “good enough”, and nothing that needs fixing is just someone else’s job. You love to experiment, try new things, and drive improvement; within your own team, and across the organization.
- Can zoom-in, zoom-out: You can take a big-picture perspective to identify and stay focused on what’s most important, then zoom-in on the details to execute seamlessly.
- Intellectual curiosity: It’s not enough for you to know the what - you need to know the why! You are energized by challenging problems and are persistent/resourceful in your efforts to solve them.
- Startup hustle: You are highly motivated, proactive, comfortable with change and ambiguity. You have a humble, team-player attitude and are ready to pitch in wherever you are needed most
The extra details:
- Worried about not having the experience for the role? Don’t fret, we’ll train you during our in-house Bench Operations Academy; you’ll be up and running in no time
- We're currently fully remote, and we'll set you up with everything you need to work from home, from day one. Once safe to do, we'll return to work in our downtown Vancouver office. It's close to lots of great restaurants and easily accessible via transit. We also pride ourselves on our office coffee and the fridge is always stocked, compliments of Bench
- This is a full-time contract position, because we want to spend lots of time with your wonderful self. We're looking for a contract start date of January 2021 and end date of April 2021
We believe that unchecked biases disproportionately impact the most marginalized people in society—including but not limited to BIPOC, LGBTQ2S+ people, immigrants, and people with disabilities. We strongly encourage applications from people with these identities or other marginalized communities because we believe that without you, we are all less. At Bench, we don’t stand for tokenism. We stand for representation.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Let us do your bookkeeping for you. With Bench you get a team of bookkeepers to do your books, and intuitive software to track your finances.